Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I am sorry Winson, and I hope you feel better in the coming weeks. :sympathy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

My mother has been admitted to the hospital for a big checkup, so that leaves me as the primary housecare and dogsitter for tomorrow. Since I'll have to be up at 5am, and I'm already sort of sleepless and stressed, I apologize if I skip posting until tomorrow. I will post, I'm just a little too worried and frazzled right now to focus on doing it, so please accept my apologies. I'm not sure when tomorrow I'll be able to post, but I'll try to as soon as I can.

It goes without saying I have no idea what might happen, and this might be a long and sort of bleh week.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Well, turns out she couldn't pee thanks to what appears to be a kidney stone, and for the fourth time in her blessed life, she was medically supposed to be extremely dead by now thanks to super-high potassium levels in her blood, but we think she'll be trucking through this alright since she got cleaned out and is being examined all over. Seems clear for now, God willing.

But she will be stuck in the hospital for the better part of the week, so I'll be gone each day until late evening usually, since I'll be stuck caring for the dog and doing all the chores, so, again, please accept my apologies if I'm mostly quiet. It's gonna be a busy week.

Also Jesus it's only 9am gently caress this noise I am tired. :aaa:

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Already said as much elsewhere, but my Mom is gonna be stuck in the hospital for what looks like the next two weeks. My Dad is going back to work, and this means I'll have to get up every day at 4am in order to care for the dog while he's gone. I'll also have to do all the cooking, cleaning, and laundry, and since Dad gets home at 6pm, my days will mostly be spent trapped downstairs with the dog. I'll post, just probably not as often as I want, but I'll make time to do so. I will just be rather absent, since getting up at 4am for two weeks sucks asswater. :(

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Mom's cancer seems to have spread to her brain, they're unsure. Went to see her tonight, and we don't think she's going to make it through the week. Just wanted to let Metroid, Eberron, and potential ADOM people know in advance, in case I dissapear for a day or two. I'm at peace with the whole thing, but it's still going to be rough for a little while. Just a heads up.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Mom's been moved to a hospice. This is her last week, the doctor's have ceased to attempt any life-care.

Dad is going to go to work at day, and stay at the hospice with her at night. This won't be too bad for me, but it does mean 24/7 puppy care, house care, AND making dinner for the others or however it goes, so please expect me to be somewhat sporadic now and then until this ends. Thanks.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Mom passed away last night. Posting will resume sometime in a few days or whenever I can.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Thanks everyone. The service will be on Monday, so... I have a weekend of time I want to spend occupying myself while I care for Dad and other things. I'll post some this weekend and then vanish for a day or two after it ends. I don't want to go insane just sitting around the house, so I'd like to keep myself busy. Again, thanks for the words.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Short note of apology; got nearly no sleep last night, and I have a ton of chores to do today before I get yanked out for a family dinner tonight, so no posts until late. But I will give Metroid a post (apology to Mook for neglecting), Eberron (with Sola bio), and lastly ADOM. Thanks.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Spent the day in a depressed and headachey unhappy daze, didn't feel like posting jack, will pump something out tomorrow for everything, including Mario, which I just noticed went up like yesterday. Oops.

In better news I got a really nice mini aquarium for my little fish pal and cleaned up my work area, which has gone a long way to making me feel better.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

unnggghhh :barf:

That sums it up, sort of. Me and Dad are sick, I've been in and out of sleep since last night and all today. Feeling raw as skinned pickles in the sun, will post in the morning as I'm going to bed early tonight; please accept my apologies. Big ADOM update coming, along with Metroid and Mario postings.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Fell into a seriously black mood last night, barely slept, have a lot to do today, including trying to sleep more, so might not post until late tonight or tomorrow, apologies to all.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

ConfusedUs posted:

:barf:

+

What this means for you, Trad Games, is that me catching up is going to be slow. ADOM is next on my list, August, but I may not get through catching up on my reading for another day or two. It's hard for me to focus on anything for any length of time right now.

PLEASE DON'T DIE you have a free pass until you stop puking blood. D:

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

ConfusedUs posted:

I'm not puking blood. It's flowing freely from my gums and the roof of my mouth any time anything touches them that's harder than themselves. You know, things like bread.

DON'T ARGUE, JUST GO REST AND STOP BLEEDING.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Arrrrrrrrrrgh. Really, REALLY depressed today. Crushingly so. I just need a day or so to sort myself out again. I blame this awful weather and a million other lovely things. Not falling apart, just need a day or two off the machine and doing SOMETHING. Will post again soon enough.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I CANNOT STOP loving SNEEZING. Or feeling dizzy and constantly sleepy. Cold or some poo poo I dunno; posting will be scarce this weekend, especially with giant killer storms looking to drown us, so just a heads up. Will update as best I can.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

keyboard_exploding_spacebar_broken_oh_god_posting_will_resume_if_i_fix_this_or_buy_a_new_board_tomorrow

EDIT: VICTORY. For how long, dunno. But I did it! Keyboard works better than ever now, yay.

Black August fucked around with this message at 03:47 on May 5, 2007

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Real drat tired today, can't get a good update out. Apologies. Will update tomorrow morning for both games before I have to go off for the day to help out with some stuff. Need to get to bed early tonight.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Yup. Down for me too. AND Waffleimages. I have a fresh update right here for posting, but can't. :saddowns:

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Winson_Paine posted:

Head on over to https://www.zirc.org for great comedy. Someone didn't pay a bill, I think.

Snap.

ZIRC Website posted:

Villa Origó Vendégház
Az elérhető szállás Budán Könnyen választ, ha már járt itt!

It's sacrificing itself to the Aztecs or something. D:

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Had a long, long night. Even longer day ahead of me. Posting delayed until late tonight or tomorrow.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Ugggggh. Posting to let people know I have a bug I probably picked up from my brother, some throat thing. It's making normal sleep Hell. Posting will still happen, just erratically. I'll try to get stuff out this afternoon, and hopefully I'll be better by tomorrow or so.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Had a rather raw-knuckled domestic dispute. Decided I needed to leave, friends helping me out. I'll have net access, just limited for a while. I'll still be posting, no worries, it'll just be a little unsteady while I get back on my feet. Sorry to everyone.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Hey all! Was gonna post today, but don't have the time yet. I
m alright at a firend's place, and should be able to get on the net tomorrow at a library to get posts out. I am SORRY I can't post now, PLEASE don't abandon ADOM or kill me in Metroid and Black Ops, I'll be able to start posting consistantly again this week. Just have to spend a lot of time moving in and getting everything adjusted. Thanks.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Got a library card. Can only use internet for about an hour each day. Will post as often and as well as I can until we get internet in our apartment, shouldn't be more than a month, just need to get a job going this week. Everything else is okay. Thank you again for being patient with me on my games and everything.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE. First of all, I have an extra key to our place, so I can come and go as I please finally. Plus, the library has (supposedly) free wireless, AND I can use the net more than 45 minutes a day here, though I'm not sure about exact cooldown time. This means I can at least post more often on days I get here, and possibly use my friend's laptop when she doesn't need it for more lengthy attention to posts.

Getting actual internet will likely be in a month, since we need to iron out exact costs of utlities and internet and such, and then figure if we can cover it together. Money sucks! But there's this good news at the least. Will try to keep up as well as I can, thanks again. :)

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

FLAAAARGGHGH snotbutts.

Okay, yeah, I've been missing and here's another excuse. Library is closed on Sunday AND Monday it seems, yay poor funding, and the two days before I had to work 10 hour days and couldn't get to the place in time before it closed; posting from a friend's work comp right now, only got 5 minutes. I am mega-sorry, and will be posting TOMORROW MORNING in everything, and will be alright to keep posting daily after that. Just had a bad few days, but overall things are going a Hell of a lot better now. Sorry sorry sorry. :smith:

Thank you once again for putting up with this and not abandoning my game or killing me off. At least it's given me a lot of time to plan stuff! D:

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Unnngh. Update time. I'm sick with something unpleasant, but I still have a million things to do between today and Saturday. While roommate's laptop can be used still, the connections are still stupidly fickle, plus balancing it on an open windowsill to get a good one isn't exactly safe. Plus the library comps won't take CDs for music and map updates in ADOM. PLUS biking to the local coffee shop takes a while and is dumb when I am ill.

Either way, posting will be sporadic for a few days. I'll try to crank out another round of ADOM today, and I want to Black Op too. I'm just stupidly tired and sick despite way too much sleep. Took a lot of effort to even crank out Karen's farewell last night.

Good news is that we've finally sorted out our mail problems, maybe, and that we can better assess our costs, and nail down an internet service next week, God willing. So this suckiness will end soon, and I can get back to giving my attention to games.

Granted I'll have a little less to worry about, what with Metroid. :smith:

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Worked till 12 last night, still sick with some awful cold and headache, rainy but gonna run out for stuff, but can post today, will be doing so in a few hours. Also, we bought wireless internet, the do-it-yourself kit is coming this week, we just need to fight with our drunk of a mailman to make sure it gets delivered!

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

oobey posted:

Careful August, I hear the Mailman PrC gets all sorts of Concealment bonuses.

Fucker hides in bars all day and gets sauced when he's supposed to be giving us mail. I got loving checks and documents I need NOW, not to mention precious internet. We'll see if this jackass can make a saving throw vs. a broken bottle jammed into his liver. :mad:

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Aeolius posted:

As a former USPS employee, I can say that this is almost possibly false.

Dude we went to the bar and found him there, he's getting reamed by the office for his bullshit. It is most depressingly true. We have been weeks without mail thanks to this guy.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

ARGH. I need to post in BO before I fall behind again. Will try to post later, had a post done last night but lost it to dead internet. Almost got the same with ADOM. Need to refigure Laura's shiny new powers.

Soon soon soon. Will have net at home and no more crap like this. Gotta run now, billion things to do today. :(

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Winson_Paine posted:

Man, so many of my players are going down I am just going to mash all my remaining games into one big game.

i swear to god the almigty if you kill off BO2 or Laura i will murder you through your DREAMS because I have worked my patookie to death trying to keep up and do well in it after all the time spent waffling over it :mad:

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

i have worked all day and my brain is about to explode with the sinus infection from Hell

(i.e. posts for ADOM and BO tomorrow morning, with Laura's upgrades and DEATH victory for ADOMers)

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Was in the hospital with a severe sinus infection, sorry I vanished, posting starting again in an hour here. :(

EDIT: More details while I post, I suppose. The infection is gone, so no more worries there, I was just in exquisite agony for a few days while my eye swelled up like a tire and unspeakable liquids exploded inside of my sinus.

For internet at home, the drat MAILMAN has still not delivered our wireless setup kit. We have no idea if the company has not sent it yet, or if the post office has it, or WHAT, but I'm calling again tomorrow and ranting till I'm purple in the panties. I am rather sick of only being able to post once every few days! At least it's given me a lot of time to putter over game notes and such.

Black August fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Jul 31, 2007

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

By the motherfucking apples upon the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, I hate mankind and all of its works.

Remember how I ordered that wireless internet DSL setup kit? Yeah? Well, after 3 hours of work yesterday, in which we were once wired to New Delhi for tech support, we finally managed to find out that they canceled our order! Yeah. They took it, sat on it for 3 weeks, and canceled it without ever sending it out.

So after the screaming stopped they managed to get off their lazy asses and properly got another order ready, and sent an email to confirm such, which will also allow us to ream them senseless if they gently caress up again. So NOW we will be getting internet.

And yeah, I was gone for days. I don't have any excuses, just apologies. The library was closed, my friend couldn't lend me her comp to head out to someplace that had wireless, and there was none at all to steal at home for those days. I just couldn't bloody get online, and I hated it. I'm updating ADOM and BO as we speak.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Hooray, we got the wireless modem kit tonight! ...only the service isn't quite ready yet (since if it isn't one bloody thing, it will always be another). It's slated to start anytime between this very second and sometime August 15th, hopefully sooner. I will be waiting for the activation email or call with breath so bated my brain will shut down from lack of oxygen. I'll be able to keep up with ADOM and Black Ops around once a day until that time, thanks almost entirely to having my work hours at night this week.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Been awfully sick the past few days, not helped by some infection-slaying meds I'm taking in preparation for a tooth-removal sometime in the next few weeks. Will post for In Nomine either tonight at some point, or tomorrow after I get back from a morning visit to the dentist.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

sick siiiick sick sick siiiiiiiiiick

side effects for perscription kicking in

side effects loving suck need a day or two here please to be having patience

this is hella raw ugh :barf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Okay, I am experiencing some really unpleasant sickness problems, which I am assuming is still from medication I'm taking. I'm putting IN on hold until tomorrow, then I'll finish the update if it kills me.