Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Winson_Paine posted:

Just got a phone call, my mother has passed away. I will be gone for a few days, and probably not feel like posting after that. Thanks for your patience.

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
lol

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
This will cheer you up http://youtube.com/watch?v=y9C9OW8nNBs

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

ZShakespeare posted:

gonna be mia for a couple of days due to thanksgiving

Same.

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Eyespy posted:

I'm going to be away after tomorrow untill sunday. I have some things to take care of.

Wish me luck.

OH poo poo SON

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

ConfusedUs posted:

Me too

I hate my life :smith:

HAHAHAHAHA is that real?

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Well I knew that much is real, which sucks rear end, but I never thought I'd see a "make your own divorce papers" program.

PS Put that bitch on ice.

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Stupid yanks. Thanksgiving was last month.

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

oobey posted:

My life has exploded into a firestorm of poo poo. I'm closing Last Dream, and will be posting on a provisional basis until things calm down.

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Obviously, I will be away tomorrow, and the next day, and maybe the next day after that I'm not sure this might be a wild party.

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Black August posted:

Mom passed away last night. Posting will resume sometime in a few days or whenever I can.

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
:unsmith:

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

ConfusedUs posted:

Healing of my secondary infections is going slow.

See, being sick for so long let in a couple of really, really nasty bugs. The big one is the tonsilitis that set in. Thanks to blisters all up and down my throat and esophagus, eating anything is a chore. Anything with salt in it tears me to pieces, as does anything scratchy. This includes those staples of soft food: mashed potatoes and chicken noodle soup. The outbreak has been over for a couple of days, but my throat is being very, very slow in healing.

Secondly, I got a weird-rear end fungal infection in my mouth. This part is kinda gross. It affects my gums, tongue, and the roof of my mouth. Everything is swollen, to the point of bleeding if anything harder than the tissue touches it. So anything I have to CHEW makes my mouth bleed like a stuck pig. I've woken up several times to the taste of blood in my mouth. The only solution is to get up, spit out all the blood, rinse my mouth out, and go back to bed after checking to make sure I didn't drool blood all over my pillow (happened twice now, yuck). I've had to buy two new toothbrushes in the last week, because the old ones got so covered in gore that rinsing just didn't work.

If you're paying attention, you'll notice that this means I can't eat anything. I've been surviving on Jello and the occasional piece of bread for about four days now. I haven't had a real meal of any sort in eight days, and I've lost about ten pounds.

Third, the damage to my esophagus and the lack of food intake has lead to a massive case of acid reflux. I've found exactly one liquid that I can drink without causing stomach acids to flood back up my damaged esophagus: sweet tea. I dunno why. Food doesn't cause a reflux, mostly...but I can't get most food past my mouth and throat.

I've been prescribed different medicines for all of these problems. There's a super-dooper-mega-awesome-Zantac-like medicine for the acid reflux. It works well to keep random reflux down, but I still can't drink water.

There's a weird loving mouthwash for the fungal infection. It looks like smooshed bananas, smells like glue, and tastes like syrup with a hint of mint. I swish it around my whole mouth before swallowing it. It's nasty, and has turned my teeth a nice yellow color.

For my throat, I have some prescription pain medicine. That's great, except it knocks me flat on my rear end. I lost two days to this medicine last time I took it regularly. I've been sticking to Tylenol during the days, but it doesn't work as well.

I tire really, really easily. Just going up or down the stairs is enough to put me on my rear end for a few minutes. I've been trying to go back to work (none of my current ailments are contagious). I worked a 4-hour shift Monday and another Tuesday. I made it home on Monday but I literally passed out at work after three hours on Tuesday. I'm supposed to work a full 8-hour shift tomorrow, Thursday, but I don't see it happening.

What this means for you, Trad Games, is that me catching up is going to be slow. ADOM is next on my list, August, but I may not get through catching up on my reading for another day or two. It's hard for me to focus on anything for any length of time right now.

Edit: Just to let you know how one thing can lead to another, this all started when I got a virus that gave me a moderate fever. The virus lasted most of a week. The secondary stuff set in after about five days. gently caress you, illnesses.

Mother of God

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
I'm pretty sure Sam Crenshaw The Rocketeer won't make a detour into Metroid.

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Can't you just illuminatis up another one?

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Nooooo!

I love you Sputnik!

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Godspeed, you magnificent bastard!

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Aeolius posted:

College has come to a head, and everything now boils down to a handful of deadlines this week - essentially, the last major deadlines of my academic career. If I meet them, graduation is virtually assured and all is well. If I fail to meet them, I'll have the dubious honor of being dismissed from the conservatory in my senior year, sans graduation.... on the week of my birthday, no less.

It's entirely probable and likely that I won't make any more posts until this weekend.

Happy birthday :smith:

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Bloodnose posted:

To recap one more time: Never buy a computer from Alienware ever.

duh

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
hey guys i ascended im posting this from a realm where keyboards have very little meaning so my grammar is a little hosed k i gotta go make a new civilization in a distant galaxy ttyl

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Bloodnose posted:

We're known for our excellent service

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

foxxtrot posted:

Sorry I've been flaky this week.

I had to give this the the girl. Now, things have gotten unexpectedly busy. I'll find time in the next few days to update though, I promise.

OOOOOOOHHHHHHH

:neckbeard:

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
WINDOWS BROKEN STOP POSTING SPORADIC STOP gently caress DA POLICE STOP

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
BOTH operating systems borked now, and I think my 40gb hard drive just died on me.

Posting will (probably) commence later tonight.

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Sion posted:

Bloodnose. I think I speak for everyone when I say 'holy loving poo poo that took a long time. Sue them.'

quotin' dis

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
I saw the Metroid thread with a closed icon and had a minor heart attack. Posting from the hospital now. Posting might be sporadic.

(not in the hospital, did not have a heart attack, but posting may be sporadic for the next few days)

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
THATS WHAT YOU GET FOR LIVING IN THE BOONIES

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Ill. Posting will resume when I no longer feel like poo poo.

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Still feel like poo poo, and it doesn't seem to be getting much better. I've been pretty much dropped on my rear end since saturday and I don't feel much better now.

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
How appropriate that the banner below your post is the spoilers you fear.

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Then after that your office goes into full zombie apocalypse mode.

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Sorry for my lack of posting recently, but poo poo has been happening, and TG has been a very very low priority. I've actually lost a lot of interest in the few games I'm still in, and don't know if I'll be continuing.

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
There are other parts of the internet?

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Good now update traders.

*EDIT*
wow

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

InsanityIsCrazy posted:

Gnarly.

Bitchin'

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Mukaikubo posted:

COMBOBREAKER.

Bombastic.

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Car has been stolen. This has put me in a mood. Posting will be slow and/or lackluster for a while.

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

ConfusedUs posted:

My life is about to hit the shitter at full speed.

After three years of general unhappiness, a number of factors have brought me to the decision that I want a divorce from my wife. I spoke to a number of lawyers today and will actually file tomorrow or Wednesday.

poo poo will hit the fan.

I may or may not have full-time reliable internet access for the foreseeable future.

You mean you didn't divorce her when you caught her cheating on you and she acted about as remorseful as a 3 year old with his hand in the cookie jar?

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

ManMythLegend posted:

Thanks.

Her name is Samantha.

She looks drunk.

They grow up so fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
computer exploded, posting stopped until further notice.