Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness

Winson_Paine posted:

Thanks to everyone, your sympathy is appriciated. I am mostly back.

No rush. Glad to see your back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness
I am going to Bozeman, MT today to see my lady friend for the weekend. I may be able to post this weekend, but it's unlikely. I shall return monday night.

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness
Good luck getting everything sorted back. You'll always be welcome back, in my opinion. And I'll kick the rear end of anyone who says differently ;)

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness

DocBubonic posted:

Not to mention he's getting sued by one of the tenants in the building.

You could maybe add another tenant to that list. He can't force you out of that Unit. You've got till the end of the month to vacate. gently caress him.

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness

ConfusedUs posted:

Me too

I hate my life :smith:

drat, that sucks man. Hopefully it's not too messy.

And good luck Eyespy. I should probably get started on the same process. I just can't decide if I should do it before she graduates or after. Probably before, I think she'd be upset if I waited another 8 months.

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness

Winson_Paine posted:

Well I am guessing you don't pay retail!

Dude, Jews never pay retail if they can avoid it.

Seriously though, it's interesting looking stuff, but mostly it's the kind of jewerly I'd expect to see some old widow who wears fur to wear. Not really the kind of stuff I'm looking for.

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness
The girl is coming into town tonight for Thanksgiving. My posting will be more sporadic until Sunday, though I will make an effort to post.

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness
Posting will be done from work for the next couple of weeks since the girl is back in town and my evenings will be busy. I'll also be at a company Christmas party on Friday and Saturday morning.

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness

Twobirds posted:

Isn't foxxtrot also in the disaster area? In case anyone was wondering where he is.

Missed this. I'm in Spokane, which is about 300 miles and a mountain range away from the real disaster area. We got quite a bit of wind, and had a few dozen thousand people without power, but it was nothing like what hit the folks in the I-5 corridor.

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness
Well, as bad as this may sound, at least this didn't come completely out of the blue. No one would think bad of you for not posting for a while. Condolences, and we'll see you again.

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness
I'm going to be out of town next weekend. I'm going to Bozeman to visit the girl, so I'll be out of touch for that time period. Hopefully foxxbot stays up in the channel.

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness
Alright assholes, I'm leaving town until Monday Night. I might be able to make some time to post on Sunday, but don't count on it.

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness
I'm starting a new part-time job in the evenings, so I'll be working 12 hours a day. I expect to still have time, which is why I'm recruiting for GURPS Heroes right now, so don't fret, I'll let people know if things start getting out of hand.

Gau, that really sucks. Hopefully it's not cancer.

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness

Sputnik posted:

Going to be balls deep in essays for a few days. Bear with me while I get these out of the way.

Sputnik, you can't say things like "Balls Deep" with that avatar staring at me like that.

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness
Sorry guys, I got a bad bug and was bedridden for the last several days. I'll be trying to get caught up on everything by tonight.

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness

Winson_Paine posted:

If you wanna move to Chi, the market is pretty easy!

:P

That's good to know, the Girl might still do her PhD work at U of Chicago, but that'll probably be at least a few years out. For now, I'll be moving to Pullman, WA in the next few months.

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness

blurry! posted:

Facing some major problems with life. Updates are sporadic what with me trying to find a new place to live and a new job to support myself. Sorry for the flake-like behavior. I just need some time to get my life back on track.

Is this TG gets fired and evicted week? Seriously.

Good luck, man.

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness
Girlfriend graduates this weekend. So I'm out of town until Sunday. Doubtful I'll be able to post. I updated everything tonight.

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness
Sorry I've been flaky this week.

I had to give this the the girl. Now, things have gotten unexpectedly busy. I'll find time in the next few days to update though, I promise.

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness
The weird thing is that foxxbot was able to connect today, but I couldn't :(

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness

oobey posted:

And yes, they are violently allergic to concrete. With the exception of a few exceptionally hardy breeds most Wi-Fis are killed on contact with the stuff.

Not to mention the steel-mesh that often hides within concrete walls. That poo poo really fucks the faeries up.

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness
I have a major job interview on Friday, complete with a required 30-minute presentation! So, if I seem a little more distracted than usual this week, that's why.

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness

Yarrington posted:

Posting this from iPhone.

You are such a whore.

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness
I will be leaving for Montana on Thursday morning for the weekend. I will be back on Sunday, and I will make sure all my games get updated at least once before I leave. As for posting while in Montana, it's hard to say, but don't count on it.

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness
Alright, per my earlier post, I'm out till Sunday, probably won't post.

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness
I have a big interview tomorrow (Thursday), and have to get application materials together for another interview in the evening. Then Friday is my Birthday, and I've got an Engagement party on Sunday, so this weekend ought to be interesting. I'm going to update everything tomorrow and Friday, but this weekend, don't count on anything.

Also, I'll be moving on the weekend of August 11th, and I'm not 100% sure if I'll have Internet immediately upon moving in. I'm trying to arrange something, but we'll see.

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness
In seven days I'm moving to Pullman, WA. I start a new Job on the following Monday, and have to get things taken care of at this current job before then. In otherwords, the next week is going to be busy. I'm going to try to keep posting, and don't really see my posting dropping since I've been pretty busy the last three weeks preparing for this.

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness
Once again, I'm moving tomorrow, and my new Internet won't be active until either Monday or Wednesday. I'm going to try to pick up the equipment on Monday for installation, but they won't be able to send a tech (if necessary) until Wednesday. I'm really hoping I'll be online on Monday evening, but at the latest it will be Wednesday.

I'll be doing updates tonight.

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness
Going across the state for Thanksgiving as of Wednesday. Will try to make time to post, but no promises.

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness

Bloodnose posted:

My grandfather died last night. My plane to Texas goes out tomorrow morning and I won't be back until Saturday. No posting until then.

That sucks, BN.

Oh, and Gau. You suck.

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness
I am currently away from home working on Wedding stuff. I should have time to post.

Update on the foxxbot issue:
I bought a new hard drive for the server that foxxbot lives on. However, it won't be to me until mid week. Plus, I still need to buy server opening tools (aka, really thin putty knives) to get into the server to replace said drive. Once there I will get foxxbot running. I will also try to recover poo poo off the old hard drive, since once I get it out of the current server I can try some more stuff with it. I hope to have foxxbot online again by mid-week. Next weekend at the latest, however.

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness
Leaving town in less than 5 hours for the week. I will have Internet Access mostly the entire time. Sunday I will almost certainly not post.

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness

Leperflesh posted:

Advanced warning, mark your calendars

I'm getting married (to {{{||##**MY GIRLFRIEND**##||}}}) on Saturday, June 21st. I'll be increasingly busy a few days beforehand, and off on a honeymoon Sunday the 22nd through Thursday the 25th. While I have vowed to smuggle my laptop along and crouch in the darkened bathroom late at night, in order to get brief fixes of The Intertrons to feed my insatiable jonesing, it's unlikely that will include lots of Trad Games posting.

As a person who just got done with the whole getting married thing, I can pretty much guarantee you that between family and the wedding, you'll get almost no Internet time in.

Congratulations

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness

DocBubonic posted:

oh, god, wedding planning, ugh. I went through one wedding and I swear I'll never do it again.

Amen to that.

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness

Gulping Again posted:

FUCKMURDER

Hot

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness
Lease gets over 10 days earlier than we thought, Moving this week, no internet at new apartment, computers living at old place. Verizon is a bunch of fucknuts with a lovely website, so we'll see how that goes. Until computers get moved, posting will slow.

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness
Out of town all weekend, for the Dave Matthew's concert and to see the folks. I'll have my Eee PC, so I may be able to post. Won't post before tonight though.

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness

ManMythLegend posted:

My wife has gone into labor. My posting is going to be sporadic to non-existant for the next few days. Go ahead and NPC my if it becomes a problem.

Assuming this is a timely labor, congrats. Otherwise, I hope everything turns out okay.

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness
Working long hours at the job, trying to get a product out in a week. Sorry for not posting. I'll try to update Pulp tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness
The Power Adapter for the server foxxbot lives on died. I've ordered a replacement.