Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
My ear, it feels like crap
And my motivation, it does sap
Give me a week,
and pills 'fore I sleep
But til then my posts will be weak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
From the 6th till the 20th
I'm travelling a'flight
To the magical land of...
Guatemala!

There is a language school
And learn by Immersion
So I'll learn Spanish in...
Guatemala!

It's a Cental A. nation
With all that entails
So the network will be bad in...
Guatemala!

If I get a chance,
I'll post in my games
But don't expect updates from...
Guatemala!

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
Okay, I am leaving early tomorrow morning, I should have internet connection, but if I don't I'll see you all in two weeks.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
I have the laptop with ALL my character sheets and books on it. The AC Adaptor has broken, and surprise surprise, the battery has run down and I am without char sheets. The nearest Office Depot with AC adaptors for laptops is about an hour away in Gautemala City.

I guess I´m pretty much MIA until Monday!

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
School just started. I have an IB schedule, which is sort of like AP, except they tie all your classes together. They even have something called Theory of Knowledge, where you write essays on what it means Know something.

At the same time, I've started working at Whole Foods, something around 20 hours a week, plus training. I haven't worked in a while, so I don't really have the stamina for standing on my feet for 8 hours straight yet.

I'll try to keep up in games, but if I fall behind or forget to post, bothering me in #ph is probably your best bet.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
My posting will be slow(er) this weekend due to traveling, homework, and regular work. I'll probably post this afternoon, but after that it's really up in the air.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
Two things: Sorry I disappeared without notice. Computer decided to break, and it took a bit of work getting it back together again. Luckly, no data was lost.

Also, my great-grandmother died yesterday, and her funeral is on Tuesday, so I'll be gone Monday and Tuesday, probably not Wednesday.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
gently caress THANKSGIVING! Seriously, between school and working at Whole Foods, I haven't had much time for anything, and this week is going to be even worse. So, uh, see you after Thanksgiving, I guess.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
I have just been informed that the house I'm visiting might not have internet. So, uh... see you on Monday afternoon?

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
Nevermind, internet is available. However, expect less posting!

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
Midterms till Friday. Expect little to no posting til then.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
Oh Jesus christ work just took a turn for the loving crazy. We have some more people coming in Monday, but for this weekend I am going to be pretty much completely MIA.

Sorry everyone.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
I too will be out this weekend and may or may not have internet access. See you probably Monday or Tuesday, for sure by Wednesday.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
Things have gotten a little spotty. Sorry I haven't posted in my games. I should be posting regularly by tomorrow. I'm just not up to being creative right now

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
If somebody hasn't heard yet, I'm going through finals right now. I'll try to keep posting over the next week, so if I forget a game, just remind me on IRC.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
For the next two days I'll be doing college orienation stuff, like choosing which courses to take and figuring out whose That Guy. So, I'm leaving my computer at home, and probably won't be posting til Wednesday evening

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
I lost my job on Friday. I need to find a new job, which means I'll either be post a lot more thanks to all the free time, or posting less because I'm out hitting pavement looking for a new job.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
I'm going on vacation this Saturday or Sunday, I forget which. THEORETICALLY, I'll have internet access. In reality, since I'm going to a youth conference, I'll probably be too busy or tired to post with much regularity.

We'll see how things are next week.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
The hotel I'm staying at until Friday charges $10 per day for internet (and they only sell it by the day). Because of this, I'll probably be posting every other day, at most. We'll see how things go.

What this means is that the slow pace in Order of Illumination won't pick up until Sunday, at best, and I might need to be NPCed in the other games I'm in. I should post every other day, though, so hopefully that'll be enough.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
Why I didn't update my games or post:

Turns out, thanks to the completely arbitary time picked where your wireless connection ends, I had effectively paid $10 for an hout of internet. What's more, they increased the price to $13, meaning I would, at best, be paying $6.50 an hour.

I love you guys, but not that much. Posting will resume on Monday probably. Sorry everybody, NPC me, and guys in my game, I promise you'll get rewarded for sticking with me.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
I'm going to be out this weekend. No posts till Sunday or (more probably) Monday.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
I got all four of my wisdom teeth extracted yesterday. It was a straight-forward, simple extraction, and the wounds are healing well. Unfortunately, yesterday was also the day my wireless router was apparently fried by a lightening storm. I felt pretty good today, so I came by the library to post in my games and this thread. If I keep healing at this rate, it shouldn't be a problem for me to go down to the library, but they do have me on narcotics, and my family has a history of sensitivity. Posting should be normal, but I can't promise anything.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
A few things have come up - college started in 8 days, a surprise letter in the mail that tells me I'm not as ready for the start of college as I expected, general packing up and moving stuff, and a visit to my 98 year old great-grandfather, who probably won't last til Thanksgiving, and this is the only time the whole family can visit him.

I won't be gone (except for the weekend, then I'll probably be gone), but my posting will be sporadic. I'll try to update my games on time, but the games I'm a player in, you'll probably need to remind me to post.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
Sorry about the disappearance this weekend. I have to go work now, so I won't be able to post until late tonight or tomorrow afternoon, but the situation is over, and I should be able to post again. Sorry I didn't post in here on Friday, but I didn't get the chance.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
Dead Week and Finals. Expect posting to be much less active. If I let a game go for too long, just catch me on IRC.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005

Jonked posted:

Dead Week and Finals. Expect posting to be much less active. If I let a game go for too long, just catch me on IRC.
Studyin', see you guys after Thursday.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
Going to my grandma's house. May or may not have internet. Will bring back a cow for Partyhard.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
Sorry I didn't get a chance to post or update in my games, see you guys when I get back tomorrow!

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
Glasses broken, ran out of contact lenses. Already getting a headache from trying to use the computer. I'll probably be back tomorrow.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
Computer is making this high-pitched whine, some I'm turning it off until I figure what's up. I'll be back and running by Monday at the lastest, if I have to use the public computers to do so.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
Well, there's the bad news and then there's the good news that's bad news for my games.

The bad news, it wasn't JUST the fan that was messed up with my home computer. All totaled up, getting the thing fixed or getting a replacement is going to cost me a chunk of change that I just don't have right now.

No problem, right? I still get the forums from work. Unfortunately (for my games), I got the promotion/new position I had been angling for a while after my predecessor quit. My new position doesn't have access to the University computers, so while I'm loving my new job, I don't have easy internet access.

So... I guess this is good-bye. I had fun here, and I didn't want to just disappear without a trace, so here it is. I won't have reliable internet access for the rest of the summer, and then after than I'm leaving the country for the Fall semester.

See ya guys in 2009.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
Hey guys, know how I said "I think that someone is trying to hack my computer"? Welp, turns out I was right, and I've got some nasty malware running around, and it's slowing my computer down horrendously. Might be a day or two until I'm posting regularly again.

In the meantime, don't expect more than maybe one post a day in any of my games.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
Feeling sick too, sorry players/GMs

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
Welp, home computer just died. How soon I start updating games depends on what exactly the problem turns out to be. Don't expect anything from me til tomorrow at the earliest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
gently caress finals week, gently caress senior projects, gently caress graduating, gently caress you.