Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble
Posting in anticipation of spider droid and dehydrated water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble

Mumbles posted:

What's the joke?
Cut the s off the end and swap the words around.

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble
More! More! More!

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble
Play faster dammit!

Actually I'm surprised at how quickly you got to Pestulon. The game somehow seems shorter than I remembered.

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble
That last picture reminds me how much I loved SQ3's use of scale. It wasn't all the same sized Roger on the same scale backgrounds. You appeared in the distance, stood in the middle of giant arenas, etc.

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble

Hammer Floyd posted:

Rock'em Sock'em robots...The Duke Nukem reference
Double-you Hat.

I'm pretty sure this predated Duke Nukem (I certainly hadn't heard of Duke when I played SQ3).

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble

Dudley posted:

WELSHY!
I paticularly like the way the energy being needs to reassert his power later in the episode so he zaps Welshy's corpse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble

White Phosphorus posted:

I don't think the Welshy thing was a reference to the red shirts. I think it was a reference to Scotty getting repeatedly zapped by lightning in several episodes. Not only did he get zapped in the Greek gods planet episode something like 4 times. But he got zapped in the next episode as well by the space probe.
The actual method of attack might be a reference to that, I guess, but I'm certain that the overall joke is about the red shirts, because his role in the episode is exactly the classic red shirt role - be an insignificant person in a red skivvy traveling along with the main characters, and get killed by the alien to demonstrate that it really is seriously dangerous.