Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trypticon
Jun 13, 2005

'Begone Metroplex!' rejoined he. 'Quit the room, or I will trample you into atoms.'
Directed by: John De Bello
Starring: John Astin, George Clooney, J. Stephen Peace, and Karen Mistal

I first came across this movie at a Blockbuster when I was a kid and figured I'd give it a try. Most of my friends hated it, but I enjoyed it quite a bit. That may be because I like cheesey 80's movies, and the don't as much.

In the movie, the movie is being run on a cheap latenite movie show, almost being pre-empted by another film, "Big Breasted Girls go the Beach (And take their tops off)". The actual movie starts, and we learn that professor Gangreen was the man who was really behind the murderous vegitables of the first movie. Finnletter, the hero of the first has opened a pizza place (no tomatoes), coincedently in the same town where Gangreen lives. Finnletter's son Chad is the delivery boy, and routinely makes runs of to Gangreen's house to deliver pizzas. The cheesily attractive Tara lives there as some sort of monotone servant. Chad is unsuccessful in getting her to go out, and leaves with the threats of the Rambo-like gardeners (who aren't tomato men).

Gangreen has been turning tomatoes into people to build an army. Apparently the budget wasn't big enough this time around to facilitate big tomato props, so stock footage is used. Tara and a little fuzzy Tomatoe (FT) escape into to the city and stay with Chad.

It's not really worth delving into the plot past that point. The movie is quite entertaining, but seems to ramble from one comical low-budget set-up to the next, intersperced with Tara being overtly sexual. The original movie's hero's return once again to save the day. Clooney is entertaining as the horney best friend.

One of the highpoints of the movie is the music. Most of it is one long song: A very catchy sythesizer tune called "Who Did it". I love this song.

I'm sorry if this has been reviewed before, but I can only view the last two pages on this dump. Anyway, it's a good movie if you enjoy spoofs and 80's cheese. Does anyone know: Is there a soundtrack? I can't find one anywhere.

RATING: 4.0

PROS: As the original was a great spoof of bad Horror films, this is a great spoof of cheap horror sequels
CONS: It's a cheap horror sequel

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095989/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU