Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho

Pope Mobile posted:

Who waves by opening and closing their palm? I know my friends and I aren't the only ones that do this. I've had riders give me that signal before.

I wave like that, for cops I tap my fist on top of my helmet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho

Pope Mobile posted:

Some people are taught differently. I've had people tap their helmet for cops, but it can also mean "brights". The same two signals get mixed up with flashing your brights.

Yeah I know the brights signal, but that's usally done with an open hand. I do it with a closed fist like I'm knocking on my helmet. I've been told you can get a ticket for flashing your lights, but I don't know if that's true or not.

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho
Went to my local cycle gear for bike night. Its pretty cool, free food a raffle and a lot of fun. There were around 60 bikes tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91xP7klMv8Q&feature=youtube_gdata_player

They had a "slow race" go as slow as you can and the last one to cross the line wins. The guy on the BMW is my mechanic Matt.

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho

Sagebrush posted:

Apparently the Germans have a word for it: "Fremdscham".

And that is a remarkable idiot in the FJ. That's more terrifying footage than any horror movie I've seen in a long time.

I'd be cleaning my seat off after that incident. The effed up thing is I swear the guy in the FJ goes, "I saved us.":frogout:

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho

invision posted:

I ride with earplug headphones turned up pretty loud. Have never been in a situation where I thought "WISH I COULDVE HEARD THAT" because you can't hear poo poo anyway.

You didn't have a cop behind you for a mile and a half. Been there paid the fine for that.

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho

HNasty posted:

So if you didn't have a full helmet on you would have heard what? The tire noise on his crown vic? If you can't check your mirrors or look over your shoulder you're seriously lacking in attention, adding a bunch of noise is not going to help you in that regard. Use the attention span you have for important things not for listening to a bunch of useless noise. I've been riding for 10+ years never have I ever regretted not being able to hear a car "sneaking" up on me, I have however bounced my face off the pavement a few times.

Errr?? I was referring to listening to music loudly through earbuds, not a full face. For the record, it's hard to play attention when you're cruising with a throttle lock on and air drumming to "In the air tonight"...

I actually had the charge dismissed, but now I ride with 1 earplug and 1 earbud, which is apparently legal.

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho

Awesome race, thanks for posting that!

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho
Not sure where to post this, so I'm putting it here...

http://www.solidstatecovers.com/

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I honestly don't get the hate everyone harbors for can-am's. I'd like to drive one to see what they're like, because the people who own them seem to be in love.

Me? I'd get a sidecar rig before a canam, but I can see the appeal.

I want a Ural so bad. Is that dirty, it feels dirty...

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho

I want to slap him... That's the dumbest poo poo ever, he's one lane change away from being an organ donor.

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho

SaNChEzZ posted:

Guy on a repsol running from LAPD, kcal 9 if you can find a livestream. He's been knocking mirrors off cars on the freeway.

He just took his gloves off and threw them. Also, t-shirt, kinda wanna see him weck :unsmigghh:

E: http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/live

LAPD BMWs are on him now.

He's going so slow...

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho
So, we got back this last Sunday after riding from GA to CA. We did about 3k miles and spent 3 days in Arizona and 3 in Texas with one night in Mississippi due to storms. MY wife had some issues in Texas with the heat and we stayed an extra night in Amarillo, while she was re hydrating in the hotel we check out the high plains museum, it was pretty awesome. I'll post a few pics and links to the albums so you can check them all out.

This pic was just neat, my wife took like 80 shots of us on the road and this was by far my favorite.

Some pics from Sedona, this was my favorite part of the trip. Sedona is amazing, if you ever get the chance go there.

Spot the goon! Yes I lost my sandals somewhere along the way and spent the entire trip in my Stivali Torque boots. The drat pig has more hair than me.

Here's some from the Grand Canyon. I got sick due to the altitude, I live about 50' above normall, 7200 didn't do me any favors so I didn't stay long.

Some pictures of us with my Grandpa and my Great uncle.

The bikes in Brandon Miss. We stopped short due to some nasty storm clouds that were brewing.

This is my dad, he took me out to an Irish pub in Atlanta. It doesn't have anything to do with bikes, but my dad is awesome.

Here's some pics from the plains museum, there are a lot more in the album. These are just a few of my favorites. The rest are here: http://s1048.photobucket.com/user/Poniesatemybagel/library/Plains%20museum

Ponies ate my Bagel fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Jun 21, 2013

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho

slidebite posted:

Thanks for giving me nightmares you gently caress.

Glad you made it back OK. What are your impressions of the new horse?

The worst part is those things re part of Indian lore. They carry children away in the night and eat them.

The Connie is badass, I wish he hadn't lowered it, but I'm going to fix that this weekend if I have time. The amount of power it has is sickening, I don't know if I'm just becoming a wuss or getting older but honestly it scares me. Comfort wise my right knee bugged me a lot, but I've injured it in the past so that doesn't surprise me. I had no problems doing upwards of 600 miles a day on it. So far the longest day was 13 1/2 hours and 730ish miles.

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho

slidebite posted:

What did they do to lower it?

They installed and adjustable link in the rear and dropped the front down on the forks. The front end shudders under any braking so I may have a warped rotor too. I know there have been issues with those on this bike.

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho

slidebite posted:

I'm about 5'11" with a 32" inseam and I wouldn't want it any higher than stock to be comfortable. That said, I think it's almost exactly the right height for me with the corbin and find the pegs in a pretty good spot too.

I'm 5' 7" with a 28" inseam. I rode a stock height DRZ and VFR. This bike has a Corbin and is lower than the VFR. Stock height will be fine if I can get it up that high with this link. I've got no clue how I'm supposed to lift this bike, honestly it's so heavy. All I need is to be able to get a toe down, I just couldn't make him understand that. His mindset is that of a 68 year old, not a 26 year old though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho

Holy hell that's a good looking bike!:fh::fh::fh: