Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Can't you read? They love women! (obviously)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Slavvy posted:

50/50 on whether she's sitting like that because she's never ridden a motorbike or because she actually rides around with her elbows locked like that.

I hate that it's the first thing I noticed but it drives me crazy.

Also her wrists, I can't get mine to that angle without putting a crazy amount of weight on them.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

KodiakRS posted:

In fact, it almost looks like the didn't run the front brake line anywhere at all...

An excellent safety modification.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
e/ ^^ what the gently caress. Note to self, do not get distracted by stupid sexy Flanders.

M42 posted:

He had trouble literally all the way through the turn, I've never seen that before

Looks like his toe clips the tarmac at 3-4s and it all goes from there, must have felt pretty scary considering he's practically barefoot.

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Dec 8, 2014

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

What's going on with that front end? Looks some kind of weird cross between regular forks and duolever.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
That would be the Honda NM4, and yes they've explicitly stated that it's inspired by the bike from Akira.

Personally I think it would look much less dumb if it wasn't tiny as gently caress. The lines aren't bad* but they belong on a much bigger bike.

(*definitely different, but not bad. Full disclosure though I think the Civic is a good looking car, for what it is at least)

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Dec 14, 2014

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Small fuel tanks look good*, far-back seats are desirable, and obviously you can't fill the gap with more seat because it has to be* a discrete saddle type.

*the opinions expressed in this post are not those of the poster

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Dec 24, 2014

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I'm sorry, your iron horse has rickets.

e/ Even if they're completely non-functional*, they're still more aesthetically varied and interesting (like a train wreck, but still) than artistic dead-ends like wubstep.

*post title ought to be "four years to master the art-nouveau Harley: a bike you couldn't do more than rev up in your driveway even if you wanted to"

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Dec 28, 2014

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Memetic inbreeding is a terrible thing.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Then you open it to discover it's nothing but an elaborate life-size papercraft (optionally stuffed with tiny models of non-functional choppers :unsmigghh:)

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Not being 15 any more, I feel like I shouldn't use the word "badass", but drat if this picture isn't. Looks like a character promo for Street Fighter or something.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
You are now imagining that bike being straddled by this guy:

You're welcome.

Bonus round: That guy is now Ron Jeremy :pervert:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
How do you feel about tiger stripes

This is very important and definitely on topic.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Alrighty then :catdrugs:

:shepicide:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Are those knee level pods under the nose secondary headlights? Cool if so, I've always thought it'd be neat to see whether wider spaced body-mounted headlights could work as a look for bikes.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

KARMA! posted:

That thing looks like a drag queen.

Don't be daft, the swingarm's not long enough :downsrim:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I found a picture of an average sized human playing with the same bike:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

HotCanadianChick posted:

Eventually everyone will recognize that the very act of putting any kind of plastic fairing on a bike forever ruins it's chances of ever looking good and will post actual good looking bikes ITT.

Like this one:

What's that on the back of the clocks there champ? :smugbert:

e/ but yeah I do kinda feel like it's a good rule of thumb that if a bike doesn't look good naked, it probably won't look that great with its clothes on either.

The Quasar is pretty much case in point, whilst also being close to the peak of BritishAmateurDesignAesthetics.jpg

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Apr 2, 2015

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
It might be confirmation bias but it feels like UK crash videos embody a higher quality of "you loving wazzock".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUt57VtfU24

(he also would have made it if he'd committed to going straight over the inner circle or completely avoiding it)

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Apr 3, 2015

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

NeuralSpark posted:

I love how he starts saying "poo poo" even though he has the room to brake and possibly avoid the whole thing. :sigh:

Based on the type of road, he's doing at least 60mph, possibly as much as 80; the first time he says "poo poo" (having noticed that the trucks have pretty much stopped) he's 80 yards away at best and only just starting to hit the brakes.

Not defending the guy, just pointing out that by the time he's noticed the situation he's put himself in there's pretty much no getting out of it without crashing.

e/ have a [nearly] twofer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8J4bev-JOk&t=92s

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Apr 4, 2015

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Razzled posted:

he's just bad at riding. and seeing.

You would know :ironicat:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=masAsJeyIVQ

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

kuffs posted:

This person seems really pleased with their bike

Yeah, that'll happen if you don't tune out the vibrations

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
How much do they want for just the kawasaki heavy industries badge?

I don't mean branding, I mean the literal silver badge on the front, because it's cool.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Something something murdercycles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkMH70cd1Qw

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
It's just a fancy dustbin racer? :confused:

Their main crime is pretending like this is some amazing fresh outside the box concept. The fairing is a bit fat but overall it doesn't look horrible.

e/ here's something that's actually irredeemable: a lovely car that transforms into two lovely bikes.

Just look at this zeerusted bullshit.

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Apr 22, 2015

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Okay yeah that is pretty funny. (tangential anecdote: the other day in madrid I saw a guy on a bike with low mounted clip-ons similar to that but with footpegs in the cruiser position :psyduck:)

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I wonder if anyone's ever dolled up their ride to look like a rat bike for theft prevention purposes? I know there are people who do it with bicycles.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Wait, twinshocks and a sprung saddle?

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

clutchpuck posted:

Q: What do you call a group of Buells?

A: a failure.

Somehow this manages to look even more bleak than pics of the Quasar owners club.

33% attendance :shepicide:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Ola posted:

I don't know about your drawing man. The shock is visible in that photo, you haven't really accounted for it in the linkage. The knee ahead of the wheel hub is also just decorative in your design, I think there is a suspension linkage in there.

What? No. You can see the twin wishbones in the video that was posted, see them going up and down even. It's a straightforward girder fork, the reason that little dogleg is in at the bottom is to keep the trail short so that the thing doesn't handle like a raked out chopper.

It sounds like you think it's trailing link with a bunch of plastic over the top, which is... a weird idea, at best.

e/ here's a picture [of the same kind of thing] with the skin off:

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 22:18 on May 15, 2015

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Hossack always did love to bang on about how easy it was to tune his design to have good lateral flex but still be longitudinally stiff, since it's just a solid piece of metal that can be arbitrarily shaped instead of needing to be cylindrical.

I seem to recall some people experimenting with having two sets of thinner telescopic forks (so, four sliders total) in order to get similar behaviour (and also that the things had a bad habit of binding under stress due to reduced surface area), but since I can't find any pics of that let's dash off on a tangent: funny front ends are great and all, but how do you feel about Chinese funny front ends? :shrek:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sK3lVJEkos

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Frosty- posted:

And I'll bet it has absolutely zero impact on street riding.

On the plus side, there's no sliders to knock out of alignment if you drop it :v:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Thanks for this, I laughed like an idiot :)

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Smudgie Buggler posted:

There are a squillion and a half actual dirtbikes in the Australian outback, so there is no reason whatever why anybody in its post-apocalyptic desert would put big expensive knobbies on some retarded flat-2 cruiser but oh poo poo is that a kickass-looking steed or what?

In the grim darkness of the post apocalyptic outback, there is no such thing as haemorrhoid cream. A comfy seat is the best you're gonna get. :butt:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Well what would your lovely end times ride look like, if these are so scrub tier? :colbert:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

MoraleHazard posted:

As crashes go, it could've been much worse, but I don't get how someone who not only goes over the double yellow multiple times, almost all the way to the white line on the opposite road doesn't just slow way the gently caress down and reassess.

"It's fine to use the whole road if there's no traffic :downsgun:"

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Do you really imagine that the sort of person dumb enough to wear sandals on a cruiser is going to have the wherewithal to put their foot in the right place to minimise work/lateral forces going through their ankle?

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

clutchpuck posted:

When I ride big cruisers, I can't recall a situation where I needed to put any work or lateral forces through my ankles or boots or sandals or whatever.

Because you're not a dumbass, was the point I was trying to make.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Counterpoint: you don't nearly head-on someone in their lane and then try to play the victim.

The best you can say is they're all loving awful (and that "I don't care! I don't care! *HEADSMASH*" is priceless)