Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GanjamonII
Mar 24, 2001

Nomex posted:

You would shred all the rubber off the tire before you got sparks. If he actually managed to get it down to the belts the bike would be unrideable.

that and the sparks should be going the other way..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GanjamonII
Mar 24, 2001

Ace944 posted:

I was out testing my new camera. What do you all think?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIQWACJNkD4

Keep in mind the camera cost a whopping $20.

What camera is it?

GanjamonII
Mar 24, 2001

mutt2jeff posted:

I have always wanted to ride a dirtbike down one of those sweet downhill mountain biking courses, one with all the wooden bridges. I found one today while out goofing around, and had to give it a shot. Now I just need to find a longer course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKgdfFX87_Q

While that looks fun, when I was riding mtb in australia it would piss me off to come to one of the trails and find that someone on a dirt bike had come and ripped it up, especially in the wet.

GanjamonII
Mar 24, 2001
http://frank766.zenfolio.com/p121002546/slideshow

Dont know if its a repost, but these are beautiful and REALLY make me want to go riding somewhere other than Houston/surrounding areas.

GanjamonII
Mar 24, 2001
Is it wrong that I enjoyed posts by both JtS and BoJ and never really understood the hate?

GanjamonII
Mar 24, 2001
ca.jpg

GanjamonII
Mar 24, 2001

Gay Nudist Dad posted:

Look at this stupid advertising:

This is what Alliance Powersports, new distributor for SYM after Carter Bros' factory burned down, came up with for the new SYM Wolf Classic, a Honda CB-inspired 150cc motorcycle. Who the gently caress are they targeting? 15 year old boys? They aren't buying these! Hipsters and scooter people are buying these, and they aren't appealed to with lightning.

Maybe, but everyone loves boobs.

GanjamonII
Mar 24, 2001

BlackMK4 posted:

Unf.

Thats insane. I want it (I would probably splatter against the pit wall or something on the 1st lap).

GanjamonII
Mar 24, 2001
I do something similar with my backpack. Basically just strap it to the back seat. I don't have extra straps and buckles, the pack has a waist strap which I just put around the tail section of the bike. The strap and buckle will get dirty if that matters to you. I then use a couple of bungie cords to secure the pack completely.

I don't have an internal frame in my pack and I don't really think it is essential though it probably helps it keep its shape better.

In this config I've tested it to extended 80+ cruising and some peaks of 120+ without any problems. It stays very secure. The only thing to watch out for is what Ponies mentioned about loose straps.

GanjamonII
Mar 24, 2001

invision posted:

Some stuff from sunday:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRzxch9N9n8

Thanks for taking that video dude! Is where that cuts out right before you crashed?

I remember that session, I was wishing that the passing rules in novice were more relaxed :)

GanjamonII
Mar 24, 2001

invision posted:

Yeah I think it cuts out right before the launch, and I crashed at the turn-in to keyhole.

Here's the bike as it sits right now

Is the subframe bent or were the plastics just jacked up?

GanjamonII
Mar 24, 2001

Linedance posted:

that yellow one looks sharp!

I went into a local shop this week and they had 5 brand spanking new Tuonos there, 4 black 1 yellow. The yellow is definitely sexy. I turned down a test ride only because there is no way in hell I can justify buying a 15k bike.

GanjamonII
Mar 24, 2001

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Someone did a thing...

While undoubtably cool.. I'd just buy a speed triple and be done with it.

GanjamonII
Mar 24, 2001

nsaP posted:

So what is a good 250 track then?

edit:nevermind, we're just on different pages. I think we're watching two different videos mate because I just rewatched it and the only time he got to 6th gear was on the straight.

Grandsport Speedway near Houston is pretty good for smaller bikes. Its a great sumo track. Short, lots of turns and you never really get to run the bigger bikes out. On my SV I never felt the power deficit there like I did on faster courses.

GanjamonII
Mar 24, 2001

Is the pillion seat on backwards?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GanjamonII
Mar 24, 2001

That is such a cool idea I want to use it despite having my own garage and living 1000 miles away.