Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Arcella posted:

Onibaba any good? seems like a good halloween wath
it's awesome but extremely slow especially in the first half.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DevCore
Jul 16, 2003

Schooled by Satan

Gripweed posted:

What does that leave out, t-shirts?

4K movies :(

FancyMike
May 7, 2007

DevCore posted:

4K movies :(

It’s pre-orders that are excluded, not 4k. In stock items only. None of the 4k editions are out yet.

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010
Grabbed

Moonstruck

Two Lane Blacktop

The Daytrippers

The Breakfast Club

Two I've seen and Two I've never seen. I was gonna The Ice Storm, but I was thinking of the wrong movie.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

Ok Comboomer posted:

to continue my rant from the CineD GenChat thread the other day, they gotta work out a deal with whomever owns the rights to Freddy Got Fingered

I have never agreed with anything more in my life.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

screenwritersblues posted:

I was gonna The Ice Storm, but I was thinking of the wrong movie.

if you care to know, The Ice Storm is real good

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Franchescanado posted:

Yeah, it rules.

Kuroneko also rules.

Cool thanks y’all I got these two and the Lady Snowblood movies.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

I'm kinda looking for any DVDs of stuff that wouldn't be on the criterion channel for solid watches. It sounds like Ice Storm could be a good grab, but I'm down for basically any recommendation.

MystOpportunity
Jun 27, 2004
How’s the shipping and packaging ordering from them direct? Id like to get the Fellini set, but hate getting box sets that are beat up. Often use Amazon just because I can easily swap copies back if it’s subpar.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Picked up a lot of poo poo;

-Le Samourai
-Ghost Dog
-Brazil
-Memories of Murder
-The Elephant Man
-Silence of the Lambs
-Bruce Lee Collection
-Portrait of a Lady on Fire
-Sanjuro
-Man bites Dog
-Onibaba
-Eyes Without a Face
-Sisters

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Picked up a lot of poo poo;

-Le Samourai
-Ghost Dog
-Brazil
-Memories of Murder
-The Elephant Man
-Silence of the Lambs
-Bruce Lee Collection
-Portrait of a Lady on Fire
-Sanjuro
-Man bites Dog
-Onibaba
-Eyes Without a Face
-Sisters

https://youtu.be/dZ2q9NmYf6g

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

My paycheck last week had a hundred hours of ot on it, I deserve to treat myself

Brexit the Frog
Aug 22, 2013

i grabbed the Varda set, Polyester, Blow-Up (replacing a digital copy on prime), Magnificent Ambersons (replacing a scratch-riddled japanese blu i kinda jumped the gun on), Husbands, Mirror, and a Kane 4K pre-order

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
I need to rewatch Blow-Out, but I really liked Blow Up compared to it. The apartment and park, the house party/concert... just very memorable.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Went low and just got:

High Sierra
The Incredible Shrinking Man
Mona Lisa

This got me my $50 certificate for points and my girlfriend gave me a $100 for my birthday, so I'll be using those for preorders on The Red Shoes and A Hard Day's Night UHDs instead of having to wait for the late Feb/early March flash sale.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Per the doris wishman post awhile back, A Night to Dismember isnt on cc but it is on youtube alongside the funniest commentary track I've ever heard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irGvRzr0wZA

I'm only 20 minutes in but you can probably pick any timestamp to get a taste

Ingmar terdman fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Oct 26, 2021

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007

Ingmar terdman posted:

Per the doris wishman post awhile back, A Night to Dismember isnt on cc but it is on youtube alongside the funniest commentary track I've ever heard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irGvRzr0wZA

I'm only 20 minutes in but you can probably pick any timestamp to get a taste

My wife’s grandfather edited this! He pretty much only edited schlock (he apparently “saved” the original Maniac due to everyone quitting from how gross it was). We’ve always wanted to watch it; maybe this’ll be the impetus to do so.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
Barnes and Noble sale is live.

To quote Dale Gribble - 'sgo 'sgo 'sgo!

I pre-ordered the Once Upon a Time in China set. I'm looking forward to it.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Cemetry Gator posted:

Barnes and Noble sale is live.

Again? I thought we just had one?

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

That was in July. Now it's time for the November sale!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Got Thief, All About My Mother, and Irma Yep. Since I haven't watched the ones I got from the 24 hour sale yet and even still have a couple left over from the July sale. That's probably all I'm gonna get from this sale.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

What's the last day of the sale?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

What's the last day of the sale?

The 29th.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Gripweed posted:

The 29th.

Dope, maybe just in time to grab a few new releases.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Got a preorder in for the Once Upon A Time In China set. Reminder to Canucks that these sales all come through https://unobstructedview.com

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Chris Knight posted:

Got a preorder in for the Once Upon A Time In China set. Reminder to Canucks that these sales all come through https://unobstructedview.com

I wish the guy who ran the site wasn't such a douchebag but I guess we have no choice :canada:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Is he as bad as the right-wing COVID-denying guy who runs dvdbeaver

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

Is he as bad as the right-wing COVID-denying guy who runs dvdbeaver

Where can I read the details about that?

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

Zogo posted:

Where can I read the details about that?

Just follow him on twitter, there's some occasional gross chud stuff that pops up from there

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Is there any way to order more Odorama cards from the Polyester release?

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Watched two absolute Criterion bangers this weekend, The Tree of Life and Godzilla vs Hedorah. They basically had the same message, that our children are the unintentional vessels for our sin and conflict can be abstracted to the meaningless encounters between prehistoric creatures.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I hope you watched the Criterion cut of ToL because it's far superior.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It is insane that somehow the criterion cut managed to improve upon a movie that was already in my top 10

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Is there any way to order more Odorama cards from the Polyester release?

Unfortunately not. Between the cards being expensive to produce and licensing fees for the tech, they were stuck with it being one card per copy sold.

On that note, if you've had the disc on your shelf for a while, the card makes the booklet and disc smell like sweaty feet now.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
What was added to Tree of Life in the Criterion cut?

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Basebf555 posted:

What was added to Tree of Life in the Criterion cut?

It's like an hour longer.

I haven't seen the new cut, so I don't know the difference. Maybe more dinosaurs?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Franchescanado posted:

It's like an hour longer.

I haven't seen the new cut, so I don't know the difference. Maybe more dinosaurs?

Among other things, it gives equal time to both parents and shows a lot more context for why Jack is a lot like his father. In addition, it adds in a bunch of childhood contextual scenes that establish his gradual arc towards 'troubled' rather than it just being a sort of reaction moment that bifurcates the film. Important scenes of hosed up neighbors and the aftermath of a tornado are added back in, as well as all the scenes for the youngest brother who was almost completely removed from the theatrical cut. It just flows better as a longer film, everything feels like it has its proper space in relation to everything else rather than having to account for studio whims for runtime, and overall the 'epic' kind of themes it's going for feel well earned.

I feel like like The New World just got totally lost in the edit, but Tree benefits so much from a revisit that the theatrical cut isn't watchable to me any longer.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
There’s also some extra stuff with Sean Penn that’s like Knight of Cups but good

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I watched The Mikado and I gotta be honest, I was annoyed during every scene that didn't feature the Lord High Executioner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratedargh
Feb 20, 2011

Wow, Bob, wow. Fire walk with me.
February releases:
Written on the Wind (Blu upgrade)
Miller's Crossing
Love Affair
Boat People

Solid month. So pumped for the Miller's Crossing release!