Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY
I promised myself I wouldn't buy anything this month but I've got F for Fake, Fanny & Alexander and Exterminating Angel in my cart and I'm staring at them not quite sure what to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY
Thanks guys, you convinced me to spend more money. I got all 3 of those movies I said.

I'm actually really excited about them though, so it's ok.

Mr. Fun fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Jul 19, 2009

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY
Have any other Canadians ordered from this sale? I ask because I'm trying to figure out if I'm able to actually track my package. They gave me a tracking number online but it doesn't seem to do anything, am I missing something?

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

doctor thodt posted:

The Third Man DVD and Blu-Ray are out of print. If you don't have a copy yet, better try to grab one now.

gently caress, I wanted to wait until Christmas to get this. Oh well, can't have everything I suppose. Thanks for the heads up.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY
So what was everyone's problem with the Criterion Blu-ray cases? I just got my copy of The Third Man and it's like a regular DVD case, only shorter. :confused:

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

Magic Hate Ball posted:

It's here, but it looks like the Blus aren't part of the sale.

It says they are supposed to be on the B&N TV/Movies front page, but it is clearly not the case so I don't know what's going on.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

Friedpundit posted:

Well, I'm pretty proud of it... :colbert:

That's really sad.

FitFortDanga posted:

Also, all on March 23rd: Blu-Rays of Days of Heaven, Yojimbo and Sanjuro. gently caress YES. (Yojimbo & Sanjuro BRs also available together in a box, just like the DVDs)

drat, I'm definitely gonna get all of these. I'm finally happy that I don't already own Yojimbo and Sanjuro on DVD. Also probably gonna get that Pedro Costa box set, I've never watched any of his movies but the descriptions make it sound like I should have.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY
I'm interested in picking up the By Brakhage set on Blu, but honestly I'm not sure what to expect from it. I've read some basic stuff about Brakhage and it sounds interesting, but can anyone who has the anthology comment?

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY
For some reason I never checked Youtube, thanks bro.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

StickySweater posted:

EDIT: Seriously though, how long do I have to wait for a Blu Ray version of Stalker?

Probably not as long as we'll have to wait for one of Mirror.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

Criminal Minded posted:

With how many things I want to buy in October, I probably won't be able to get everything right away, and if I have to pick one of the Criterion releases to get first it'll probably be this.

It's seriously one of the greatest loving movies ever and I can't wait.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

Safe Driver posted:

Any Canadians here take advantage of the Barnes & Noble sale? I'm worried that shipping costs would negate the savings.

I've bought from a couple. Shipping is like $8 or something, and you save ~$20 per DVD/Blu you get so I'd say it's worth it.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

justlikedunkirk posted:

B&N canceled my order for Paris, Texas :(

No idea why that'd happen since they shipped Hunger and (from the looks of it) Chungking Express is ready to ship as well.

They shipped me a bunch of stuff, but canceled Repulsion and haven't sent House yet and I don't really get it.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY
They're really good for the shipping costs. They've been breaking up all my orders into pieces and they're just splitting the total shipping price between the different things they're sending.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

Egbert Souse posted:

Has anyone received Modern Times or The Night of the Hunter yet? They haven't even shipped yet from B&N.

They're released tomorrow.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

PeePot posted:

When they cancelled my Paths of Glory order, I just reordered it. It went through and shipped a couple days ago. :iiam:

Same with me, but for Repulsion.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

William Pahllace posted:

Tell me I'm not the only one who carefully peels the blue "director approved" stickers from the plastic and puts them back on my Criterion cases...

I am almost certain that you are, in fact, the only one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

robix smash posted:

That has to be the least effort they've ever put into a clue.

The clue guy was checking out the recent covers and realized he was working too hard.