Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick Deckard
Jan 3, 2007
Ex-blade runner
They canceled Wings of Desire for an online order. The rest are going to ship out some time in December. Anyone else get cancellations?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick Deckard
Jan 3, 2007
Ex-blade runner

Egbert Souse posted:

I still have not received Modern Times, Charade, or The Night of the Hunter from B&N. The order was placed back on Nov. 5th. Should I cancel and re-place or just wait it out? What's weird is that I received Crumb and Paths of Glory almost right away.

Same here. Mine say it'll ship Dec. 1st. Maybe I should just place double orders and if I get two copies I'll just resell it.

Maybe it has something to do with being in Canada. :canada:

Edit: Just re-placed my order and got an even later shipping date: Dec. 14th. :canada:
Order of:
Red Shoes
Walkabout
House
Chungking Express
Wings of Desire

Rick Deckard fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Nov 21, 2010

Rick Deckard
Jan 3, 2007
Ex-blade runner
B&N has Chungking Express blu-ray listing but not under there criterion title:

$39.99 List price
$19.99 Online Price
(You Save 50%)

I am guessing they listed it wrong and actually do have the criterion in stock?

Edit: product details tab says it is Criterion. Probably got confused with the switch from paperback to hardcover case.
Product Details
UPC: 715515068413
Source: CRITERION
Presentation: Wide Screen
Sound: DTS 5.1-Channel Surround Sound, Dolby AC-3 Surround Sound
Language: Cantonese
Editions: Special Edition
Time: 1:42:00
Sales Rank: 55

Rick Deckard fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Jul 20, 2011

Rick Deckard
Jan 3, 2007
Ex-blade runner
Is it just me or is the packaging of Sweet Smell of Success amazing. Love the art work. The paper boxes have much bolder colors then the plastic cases and allows for more freedom to design. The book binding is much better then the stapled binds also.

Seven Samurai has the same packaging style. Are there any other Criterion's with this packaging?

Rick Deckard
Jan 3, 2007
Ex-blade runner
Looks like they are setting up for Christmas!

Rick Deckard
Jan 3, 2007
Ex-blade runner
They were hinting at more Ray films all over the extras and in the booklet. It mentions the Music room is the first of a series of films they plan on restoring.

Rick Deckard
Jan 3, 2007
Ex-blade runner
I average around $22 per movie all in. There is still no where cheaper for Canadians.

Rick Deckard
Jan 3, 2007
Ex-blade runner
With some major releases next month I was wondering which movies the community wants to see a blu-ray criterion treatment the most regardless of weather they have the license or not.

I'd like to see:
In The Mood for Love
Wendy and Lucy
Meek's Cutoff (the current release is thin on extras)

There is always movies people think of that never come to mind for me. So lets hear them.

Rick Deckard
Jan 3, 2007
Ex-blade runner

appropriatemetaphor posted:

Queue the complaining about it not being widescreen.

It was a bit confusing in the theater when the curtain didn't open the whole way though.

I saw this at the Toronto International Film Festival and haven't seen it since, but it started with the film reel misaligned (if that is the proper way to put it). This is intentional right?
Audience was confused also.

Rick Deckard
Jan 3, 2007
Ex-blade runner
This is OOP?
If not, why the high price before?

Rick Deckard
Jan 3, 2007
Ex-blade runner
I'll blind buy and check it out. Never heard of these films before.

Rick Deckard
Jan 3, 2007
Ex-blade runner
What is Crazy Eights?
I feel surrounded on all sides, top and bottom, by this gang. Some serious looking dudes.

Rick Deckard fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Oct 13, 2011

Rick Deckard
Jan 3, 2007
Ex-blade runner
Any one up in Canada or anywhere getting this order status message?
Unable to process order. Please call 1-877-379-0036, or 212-414-6024, if outside U.S.

My order is:
Fanny & Alexander blu-ray
Three Colors blu-ray
Carlos blu-ray

Rick Deckard
Jan 3, 2007
Ex-blade runner
Unable to cancel and placed a 2nd order with a different cc that ended up with the same status. I'll deal with them mano a mano.

Rick Deckard
Jan 3, 2007
Ex-blade runner
With the plastic bag packaging I am hearing about and long shipping times, imagine the condition it'll arrive in once it reaches Canada.

Rick Deckard
Jan 3, 2007
Ex-blade runner
Wonder if this had anything to do with them listing the exact content of the box on the outer label. I got my movies today and they listed the movies as clearly as the shipping address, right on front without having to open anything.

Rick Deckard
Jan 3, 2007
Ex-blade runner
Any huge fans of "The Uninvited" can buy the orginal painting for the criterion collection cover here:

http://store.sampaints.com/2013/07/23/the-uninvited/

Rick Deckard
Jan 3, 2007
Ex-blade runner
So when will fishing with john make it to bluray?

Rick Deckard
Jan 3, 2007
Ex-blade runner

Safe Driver posted:

If you want a boxset, the Cineplex store has some (The Apu Trilogy) and they're doing a 4x SCENE bonus thing. For example, The Apu Trilogy is 80.99 total but you get 3000ish SCENE points good for 3 regular admissions so it's kinda okay if you go to the movies a lot. If you were to get it from BN it's 70 CAD but you don't get three free movies at the theater with it!

Pretty good deals for a Canadian. Didn't realize SCENE sells movies.

I have some blu-rays that I don't care much for, and would like to trade with someone within Canada for other Criterion blu-rays:
- Overlord
- Two-Lane Blacktop
- Kiss Me Deadly
- World on a Wire
- Diabolique
- The Samurai Trilogy

Let me know if you are interested in trading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick Deckard
Jan 3, 2007
Ex-blade runner
For Canadian, bunch of cheap criterion blu rays for $25 on amazon.ca

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/bestsellers/dvd/13815951/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_d_2_4_last