Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joe Der Maus
Mar 19, 2007

mouseketeerous rex

zeroordie posted:

I'm also on the fence about Close Up, as well as Vivre sa vie.

Even if you're not a Godard fan I recommend getting Vivre sa vie. It's a great film and the transfer is one of, if not the best transfers I've seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Der Maus
Mar 19, 2007

mouseketeerous rex
I went to B&N today with the coupon that was posted in this thread, and the cashier pointed out that it only applies to new accounts created between certain dates, so they didn't let me use it. I went in intending to buy either House or Antichrist on blu, but the three copies of each they had were reserved for other customers, so I drowned my sorrows with Darjeeling Limited, Black Narcissus and the Magician on blu and 2 or 3 Things I Know About Her on DVD. Now I have to survive on Ramen until my next paycheck. And I still have to get my tickets for the Saint Louis Film Fest, which I'm going to drop at least another $40 on.

I think a drug habit would be easier on my bank account.

Joe Der Maus
Mar 19, 2007

mouseketeerous rex

appropriatemetaphor posted:

Cool, hopefully it's une femme est une femme.

The DVD is already pretty good. Personally, I'm hoping for either Le Petit Soldat or Les Carabiniers, because the only releases of those are pretty shoddy.

Or Alphaville on Blu. Actually, I really hope it's Alphaville.

Joe Der Maus
Mar 19, 2007

mouseketeerous rex
I've got 95 http://www.criterion.com/my_criterion/44985-sjhuggard
Considering that I only buy them used or on sale, figure an average of $25 per title, the total cost comes to $2,375.
So that's where all of my money went.

I've almost hit the point where I own more Criterion movies than non-Criterion.

Joe Der Maus
Mar 19, 2007

mouseketeerous rex

codyclarke posted:

On the topic of Criterion making us sad, what would you all put on the list of the absolute saddest Criterion films? I can't watch Make Way For Tomorrow or Black Orpheus without tearing up.

Although it has an ultimately happy ending, there are a few parts of Wings of Desire the jumper and the accident that make me tear up just thinking about them.

Joe Der Maus
Mar 19, 2007

mouseketeerous rex
Even though I love me some Godard, I don't really like Weekend. I was planning on buying it anyway, becuase I find that if I don't like the movie, Criterion's extras are worth the cost, but this release has so few, that it doesn't seem worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Der Maus
Mar 19, 2007

mouseketeerous rex

Sensurround posted:

This may not be the best place to post this, but would anyone consider trading a blu-ray? I picked up the La Jetée / Sans Soleil set on a whim when trading in a bunch of old DVDs and I enjoyed them but would probably rather have something else in my permanent collection. I'm open minded to almost anything, but already own these: Antichrist, Chungking Express, Dazed & Confused, Fish Tank, Gomorrah, The Great Dictator, Mystery Train, Paris, Texas, Rushmore, & The Thin Red Line.

I'll trade you In the Realm of Senses on Blu for it.
Send me a PM if you're interested, but, honestly, I would recommend against accepting this offer. In the Realm of Senses is the only Criterion I regret buying. (It was a blind buy)