Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Two Worlds
Feb 3, 2009
An IMPOSTORE!
How can you not NEED The Red Shoes and Black Narcissus on Blu-ray? I've wanted that from the minute I got a blu-ray player!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Worlds
Feb 3, 2009
An IMPOSTORE!
Posting about San Soleil right below an avatar that is a still from Vertigo. Let's hope Chris Marker's corpse doesn't have internet access.

Two Worlds
Feb 3, 2009
An IMPOSTORE!
Why won't they finally release the Eraserhead blu-ray already? This is killing me.

Two Worlds
Feb 3, 2009
An IMPOSTORE!

SALT CURES HAM posted:

You know, I really hate how Criterion has started jumping on whatever indie flavor-of-the-month is hot at any given moment. Antichrist, Tiny Furniture, Fantastic Mr. Fox/Moonrise Kingdom, and Blue is the Warmest Color aren't necessarily bad movies (though Tiny Furniture totally is, gently caress that movie) but it seems to defeat what I thought was the purpose of the CC.

It's turning the CC from a "this movie rules" badge to a "hipsters like this movie" badge, and I'm not comfortable with it.

Who cares? They are a home video company, not some objective award for excellence. Sorry it hurts your Brand Affinity.

Two Worlds
Feb 3, 2009
An IMPOSTORE!

caiman posted:

I've been away from the Criterion world for a little while. Has there been any news on an Eraserhead release?

Yeah, I've also been wondering about this, since it is my favorite movie and they've had the license for years.

Two Worlds
Feb 3, 2009
An IMPOSTORE!

Lord Krangdar posted:

Wow that Scanners cover is beautiful.

What ever happened to the rumor of a Criterion Eraserhead release, though?

The only explanation in my mind is that they are deliberately torturing me by having it on streaming forever, but not just giving me the amazing disc that I'm positive they have completely finished and just been sitting on for years. It's my favorite movie and I want it so bad.

Two Worlds
Feb 3, 2009
An IMPOSTORE!
Is there any chance of these failtards actually releasing the Eraserhead bluray before i commit suicide this year?

Two Worlds
Feb 3, 2009
An IMPOSTORE!

Robert Denby posted:

Until I came here I was ecstatic thinking it could be "The Devils"... Ah well, "Satyricon" is good too. Oddly I got the laserdisc for it last year which has an amazing behind-the-scenes piece I'm sure they'll carry over.

EDIT: Also really limited myself with the sale this time cause money is tight: Ace in the Hole (an upgrade; easily in my top 5), Red River (which I haven't seen in years but have on laserdisc), Judex (which is fantastic), and Scanners (flawed, but has some incredible scenes and the supplements are fantastic... except for "Stereo" which I barely made it through).

Stereo is amazing, as is Cronenberg's other early feature, Crimes of the Future.

Two Worlds
Feb 3, 2009
An IMPOSTORE!
spike is the name of the baby in Eraserhead

Two Worlds
Feb 3, 2009
An IMPOSTORE!
Inland Empire is really good actually. Sure it shares a lot of the material with Lost HIghway and Mulholland Drive, but with an even more radical narrative structure.

Two Worlds
Feb 3, 2009
An IMPOSTORE!

Slate Action posted:

In a Lonely Place

YEESSSSSSSSS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Worlds
Feb 3, 2009
An IMPOSTORE!

Yaws posted:

Yeah I thought Waters had kinda disowned it but I guess not. He does the best commentaries so I'm really looking forward to it.

Now I just need Mondo Trasho

He seemed pretty happy with in when they showed it at Lincoln Center last year.

I would normally expect something like Mondo Trasho to be a supplement, like Killer's Kiss was when they released The Killing, but getting the music licenses would be insanely expensive. It's a shame, too, because that needs a restoration even more than Multiple Maniacs does. Waters brought his personal print of it to project last year, but it was so worn and brittle it wouldn't thread, so they showed a near-VHS quality digital version instead.

I suppose they could do an alternate soundtrack or something, but that would be a completely different movie.