Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

a Ghost Dog release in the future is exactly what I wanted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

ended up grabbing Hausu, The Last Days of Disco and Beyond The Valley of The Dolls.

and i had a random $10 off coupon I completely forgot about. huzzah!

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Gripweed posted:

I do not understand what logic they use to decide which of their covers to sell as posters

yea i dunno how that works when they commission the art from the artist and who owns what or where licensing falls apart.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

the sale items came in real quick.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

if criterion were to move to anime restoration projects and started with dragon ball, i would weep.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Angel's Egg should be first

Yes please. I still have my video cd version of this from china, my high school friend bought me years ago.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Empress Brosephine posted:

How is bamboozled?

I loved it when it came out and only think its gotten stronger with age, but it's a very divisive film. 51$ for a signed criterion tho... im gunna sit on it for a day before i make any decisions.

dorium fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Mar 10, 2020

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

a shame about Cinemax. It's had some of the best action television in the last 20 years of tv. Strike Back, Quarry, Banshee, Warrior, Jett and The Knick being a great drama. Just great television top to bottom that people should be watching and should've been a lot bigger than they ended up being (Quarry being cancelled after one season is a true crime against television and Warrior only getting two seasons, also a crime).

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Escobarbarian posted:

Warrior’s second season will be its last? My TV app says it isn’t even airing until October.

yea it was in production as HBO was making the announcement that Cinemax would be moving away from original programming.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

My Bruce Lee boxset shipped today :dance:

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Franchescanado posted:

If we watched all of our backlog before participating in the next sale none of us would ever participate.

if you dont live with a constant backlog staring at you in the face, are you really a movie buff?

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

my pickup from the sale, if i had the $50 gift certificate I was close to getting I may end up getting the Godzilla set, space issues be damned!

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

My copies of Ghost Dog and Crash are shipped. Really excited to give Ghost Dog a watch. Dont think I've seen it since the theaters.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Electronico6 posted:

Oh these are all approved by Wong Kar-wai. He even talked about how Fallen Angels was shot for cinemascope but he dropped that aspect ratio in post cause it looked bad in 1995. Turns out it also looks bad in 2020!

oh jeez.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Ha! that rocks.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Vince MechMahon posted:

Does this set have the original color grading or just that new George Lucas style garbage he made?

I believe this set features the changes made to a couple films.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Iron Crowned posted:

I recently found out that apparently blu-rays and syringes are made of the same plastic.

yep as an aside but related there is a huge shortage going on right now of sleeves for vinyl records. both the inner and outer sleeves you buy to properly take care of your collection. both from a sold out point and also from a manufacturing point because those plastics are in demand for much more important things.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Going after all the Ozu I can get (but also preparing myself to go overboard).

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Is After Hours for sure going to be on sale?

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Egbert Souse posted:

Got a hunch Ozu might be getting a big box before the end of the year as there's been big theatrical revivals of his entire surviving work, much like what was done for Pasolini and Fellini.

All July releases will be on sale either as online preorders or in-store. In the past, I usually preordered anything coming out the last week of the sale just to be safe, but After Hours will be first out the gate.

Ah good looking out on the Ozu stuff. Perhaps I'll wait then and prioritize other releases. Good Morning will just have to hold me over until then.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

for now only grabbed Lost Highway, Inland Empire, Irma Vep and After Hours. Will definitely be going back on a non-rent paycheck.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Ooh, I almost bought Videodrome the other day. Good to know that when I'm ready I'll have an even better version to enjoy.

I've got zero clue how this will shake out, but the Arrow release is definitely the pick of the litter with both the theatrical and directors cut included in the set. I'm curious what Criterion decides to go with and how their restoration turns out though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

lol I went and saw Donnie Darko. Weird time.