Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Why the heck are the Criterion blu-rays locked to the cursed Region A? :argh:

I suppose I should be thankful since I just spent a fortune on DVDs and it would have been even more expensive had I bought blu-rays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

A quick question:
Is it at all possible to play Criterion DVDs on a European playstation 3?

I just bought a bunch of movies but forgot to take into account that my old player, which could play some region 1 movies for some mysterious reason, broke a few months back. I've been to a store that sells really expensive DVDs and it had Criterion blu-rays marked as unplayable but not the DVDs so I'm not really sure if I need to get myself a multi-region player or not.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Island Nation posted:

Criterion's discs are Region A locked, Europe is Region B so no

Well thank god 99% of DVD players these days, even the really cheap ones you can buy at the supermarket, play all regions. Sadly if I want to watch Criterion blurays I'll have to order a player from America which would just be a mess of red-tape, customs and electrical sockets.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

egon_beeblebrox posted:

I believe they dislike their first album and decided to leave videos from it off.

They made videos for songs of the hardcore punk album?
Or doesn't that one count.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Is the Mishima Blu-ray region locked?

I'm getting conflicting information from different sites.