Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Old Ash posted:

The Repo Man packaging is so awesome. May just be my favorite thing they've done, aesthetic-wise. It's just packed with stuff and looks so cool.

Welp that just seals the deal for what to blow my gift card on. I do really love the cover for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
Anatomy of a Murder and Island of Lost Souls are showing up as Amazon Lightning Deals today.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Anonymous Robot posted:

I hope Things to Come is as rad as it sounds. And I feel like I'm going to know if I'll find Slacker funny or super obnoxious pretty much immediately.

Things to Come opens really strongly and has some beautiful sets. The rest... well, you'll see.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
Gonna go with Anatomy of a Murder on that one, because a) I've seen it b) Jimmy Stewart says "Panties" in it.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

zenintrude posted:

Your love of F for Fake will depend quite a bit on how much you like watching a fat man stroll around in a cape.

A fat man with a soothing, authoritative voice.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
John Wayne near the beginning of Red River is basically God delivering Genesis. Except replace "good" with "beef."

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
Apparently it's coming back, though.

Your reaction is much the same as mine. I've seen Performance and Walkabout now, though, and some other strange stuff, so I'm ready to give it another go.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Anxiously awaiting the Criterion release of all the Hootie and the Blowfish music videos.

I hope Tendercrisp Bacon Cheddar Ranch makes it in.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Lord Krangdar posted:

Since they already put all (or just most?) of Lynch's short films as bonuses on the Eraserhead release I'm curious what they'll use for this one. Maybe the original pilot version? That doesn't seem like something Lynch would agree to, though.

Maybe they'll just throw Dune on there for the hell of it.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
It looks like the Barnes and Noble sale has begun, though there's no big sale page up for it yet.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Herr Tog posted:

I would like to know moe about La Samourai http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/dvd-le-samourai-alain-delon/3883474?ean=0037429208526#productInfoTabs as I am thinking about getting it but can't seem to find somewhere to see it first. I am thinking of calling my local rental place tomorrow.

Input goons?

I checked it out from the library and liked it quite a bit. It's a somewhat slow-paced and quiet hitman revenge film (if you've seen Ghost Dog, it basically has the same plot) that has a very cool atmosphere to it. There's a scene near the beginning at the police station where a detective is frantically but deliberately interrogating the hitman and his girlfriend and trying to stay on top of the investigation into a killing that sticks with me. Between that and Army of Shadows I became a Melville fan pretty easily.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Cacator posted:

More like The Devil's Spine Number amirite? :cheeky:

Haha dammit I didn't even notice think of that part of it. That's amazing.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Slate Action posted:

Only Angels Have Wings ?

My first guess was The Exterminating Angel but I doubt that's right.

Maybe they're getting into video game publishing and are gonna re-release Chubby Cherub.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
This is the first sale where I've actually had money (well, since July, but I didn't get anything then.) Ended up getting A Hard Day's Night, House, Complete Jacques Tati, and America Lost & Found: The BBS Story.

There's so much more I want but I'm pretty happy with that. All from different countries, all are movies (or contain movies) I've seen and enjoyed, and there's something great about getting AHDN and Head together. Already drafting my shortlist for next time.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Egbert Souse posted:

Just watched In Cold Blood. Real gut punch of a film. Conrad Hall knew how to light the hell out of black and white.

Also, TIL what Truman Capote sounded like.

Look at this fella who hasn't seen Murder by Death.

I splurged on other things recently (and still have the Tati and BBS boxes from sales past to further dive into) so avoided the sale until now, but on my way home figured I should grab one thing from B&N, and after wracking my brain with indecision came away with the Science is Fiction Jean Painlevé set. It's French, it's weird, it's educational, and it's a lot of runtime for a little money. Good enough for me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

I Before E posted:

Big fan of this week's Criterion Channel Double Feature

The Gore Gore Girls used to be on Netflix and it made even me go "Jeezus!" at a few parts.

I mean, Henny Youngman? Come on.