Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

You know what the Ukraine is? It's a sitting duck. A road apple, Newman. The Ukraine is weak. It's feeble. I think it's time to put the hurt on the Ukraine
Is this open to people in the UK? Not that I'd be able to play the DVDs anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

You know what the Ukraine is? It's a sitting duck. A road apple, Newman. The Ukraine is weak. It's feeble. I think it's time to put the hurt on the Ukraine

appropriatemetaphor posted:

What! I've been ripping through Godard lately and so far Pierrot, Une Femme, and Breathless were all awesome :colbert:.

The one he made with the Rolling Stones is one of the dullest films I've ever seen.

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

If you like Ozu then you'll definitely enjoy the film.

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

Cacator posted:

As someone who's more or less ambivalent towards Godard, how is Weekend?

Which Godard movies have you seen and enjoyed? If you're expecting something like Breathless, Pierrot Le Fou or The Outsiders then don't bother because it's a world away from those moveies.

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

Question about Shoah: is there an ideal way to break the film up into two or three hour sections in order to watch over the course of several evenings?

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

It's also very similar to Anton Corbijn's The American. If you like that then you'll enjoy La Samourai.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

La Vie de Boheme lampoons the lifestyle more than it tries to make you empathise with its subjects, so I'd say that's not really the best criticism.