Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FalsePriest
Oct 20, 2010

"hi im pyle shittenhouse" *plop* *plop* *plop* "oops i have shit in your house lol"
Literally can't believe I'm holding Mulholland Dr. in my hands right now. All the reviews so far (which doesn't seem to be too many for such a "high profile" Criterion release) have been really glowing, especially for the sound scape of the movie.

FalsePriest fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Oct 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FalsePriest
Oct 20, 2010

"hi im pyle shittenhouse" *plop* *plop* *plop* "oops i have shit in your house lol"

Egbert Souse posted:

Criterion added a ton of movies to their Hulu channel over the last week or two

Lady Snowblood I and II

Tati:
Jour de fete
Mr. Hulot's Holiday
Mon oncle
Play Time
Trafic

Oh nice, I was real close to blind buying the boxset. Glad I held off to see if I like Tati, real excited to check out Playtime.

FalsePriest
Oct 20, 2010

How do you guys feel about Roma?

I love '8 1/2' and 'La Dolce Vita' but 'Satyricon' and 'Amarcord' didn't really do much for me.

FalsePriest
Oct 20, 2010

blue squares posted:

I haven't seen Roma, but you didn't mention La Strada. It comes from Fellini's neo-realist roots and is a great film.

I haven't seen 'La Strada' yet but it's on my list.

El Graplurado posted:

Then i say avoid.

Ok, thats kinda what I was thinking, I think I wanted to like those movies way more than I did and 'Roma' kinda seems along the same line.

FalsePriest
Oct 20, 2010

Cemetry Gator posted:

But I didn't hate it as much as Pierre Le Fou. Christ, I hated that film. I hated every frame of that horrible pretentious piece of crap that masquerades as a film.

This is ‘Blow Up’ for me. I was actually mad at the end of it for being so bad and wasting my time which almost never happens. I do not understand the praise it gets at all.

FalsePriest
Oct 20, 2010

Samuel Clemens posted:

How do you feel about Antonioni's other work?

I’ve only seen Blow Up which left kind of a bad impression for me. Ive been meaning to give L’Avventura and/or Red Desert a try though.

I’d really like to check out Last Year at Marienbad it sounds like it’d be right up my alley, too bad its not on Filmstruck.

FalsePriest
Oct 20, 2010

Ive been enjoying my Bergman box way more than I thought I would. Went from a casual fan to considering him one of my favorite filmmakers. Just finished Shame/Passion of Anna a few days ago and still feel them working on my brain.

FalsePriest
Oct 20, 2010

Went to go pick up Barry Lyndon but they didn’t have a copy so I grabbed Notorious and Magnificent Ambersons instead. Haven’t seen either one before so pretty excited to finally check em out.

I’m tempted to grab Mouchette but I’m hoping for a blu upgrade sometime which I know will happen as soon as I cave and buy the dvd.

FalsePriest
Oct 20, 2010

I love my world of wong kar wai

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FalsePriest
Oct 20, 2010

DetoxP posted:

I'm interested in the changes Wong wants to make, but not at the expense of the original, especially because the changes seem just... lazy.

What are the originals though? The criterion editions that came out previously? The cut hong kong audiences saw in theaters?