Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slavman
Jun 11, 2011

Has anyone bought and watched the blu of Solaris yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavman
Jun 11, 2011

Sounds interesting. I wish Criterion would release more by Andrei Tarkovsky. The other two titles currently in the catalog are in my opinion not as interesting as his other films. I'd love to see a Stalker or Nostalghia on Blu-ray. Especially Stalker since it's cinematography is unmatched.

I send Criterion an email regarding this about a year ago, and they replied that they wouldn't release more Tarkovsky films for the near future.

Slavman
Jun 11, 2011

FitFortDanga posted:

---

Satyajit Ray Apu

---

This means they'll be releasing the entire Apu trilogy?

Slavman
Jun 11, 2011

Something that would make it even better is when they have that fifty percent off sale.

Slavman
Jun 11, 2011

Cacator posted:

Recommendations on one of Naked, Crumb, or Diabolique?

Naked.

Johnny: You from Scotland?
Archie: EH?
Johnny: Are you Scots?
Archie: Aye.
Johnny: What's it like up there?
Archie: Fuckin' shite.
Johnny: D'you dream in Scotch?
Archie: Eh?
Johnny: Like dream about sporran-clad, caber-tossing haggis galloping over porridge-covered glens?
Archie: FUCKIN' shite!

Slavman
Jun 11, 2011

penismightier posted:

It seemed to inform the hell out of the Indiana Jones (which the whole last five minutes clearly influenced).

Never made that connection but it's pretty obvious now you mention it.

Slavman
Jun 11, 2011

I don't know the returning policy of B&N, but whenever I order media with Amazon and it arrives hosed up, I just send it back. I had this a couple of times now and they would always send me a replacement right away. I suppose B&N would work the same way?

Slavman
Jun 11, 2011

Skeletron posted:

Jeeeez. I'm not sure how I feel about the ridiculous amounts of misogyny and sadism (even for a noir), but Kiss Me Deadly was definitely the craziest noir I've ever seen. The twist came totally out of left field...so bizarre and awesome.

Fantastic noir indeed. And all the influence it had on later movies, like: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Pulp Fiction, The Usual Suspects or Lost Highway ...

Slavman
Jun 11, 2011

That looks pretty good. I think I'll pre-order this. Great artwork as well. Pre-ordering is not eligible for 50 off sale?

Slavman
Jun 11, 2011

Thanks for pointing that out. Combined with Paths of Glory via Amazon seems to be a good deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavman
Jun 11, 2011

The soundtrack by Zbigniew Preisner is hauntingly beautiful. The film is just a bonus.

No, not really. The film is great as well.