Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Next week I'm gonna be staying at a place without stable internet for a bit. Some relatives will also be there, and since there's a decent tv there I figure I could download stuff from the criterion channel for offline viewing (the drm is dumb as hell but I should be able to connect just long enough to refresh it).

So my question is, what's some good poo poo on the channel that I could grab that would appeal to folks that mostly just watch blockbusters or rarely watch movies at all. I think it'd have to be in English and not incredibly violent and/or sexual, but other than that go nuts with your suggestions!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Thanks to all who gave recs, Gimme Shelter definitely sounds like one that'll go over well so I'll be grabbing that first :cheerdoge:

I just wish the app wasn't so iffy with downloads, what the hell it's so bad.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Chakan posted:

I come again, hat in hand, and request people to look over the movies leaving on june 30th then tell me what they think I should make sure to watch. I only know a few of these, so don't be afraid to shout out anything, even if it seems obvious.

Mulholland Drive and Raging Bull are the super obvious picks but Nights of Cabiria and In a Lonely Place are fantastic picks too.

I would not recommend watching Blind Alley and The Dark Past since they're not particularly good movies but it's an interesting experiment to go through if you wanna see a movie get remade in a near identical way 9 years after it came out. They even use the exact same effects for a flashback sequence!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

https://www.criterionchannel.com/leaving-july-31

So what's the good poo poo that's leaving the channel this time around? Last night I watched Pierrot le fou and enjoyed it quite a bit. And I guess I've seen West Side Story ages ago in grade school. Haven't seen anything else. What's the stuff I absolutely have got to see? I definitely wanna hit up a lot of the Godard movies leaving but other than that I don't have any plans.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Thanks for the recs, all. Had a good time watching But I'm a Cheerleader this morning, and the next movie I watch is definitely gonna be Aguirre. Will absolutely make sure I watch Seconds before that leaves the channel too. Cheers :cheerdoge: