Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

May have been mentioned already, but I saw someone asked recently: the Barnes & Noble sale will go until July 27th, so plenty of time still to order stuff.

Speaking of out of print titles, I now badly want the Robocop Criterion release, which I didn't even know existed until the sale prompted me to go through their online catalog. Apparently though you can get it pretty easily used for ~$30-40, or $60 for a still sealed copy, so it's an attainable goal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

ComradeCosmobot posted:

I'm pretty sure I've seen a copy at a local used DVD store around these parts for cheaper than that, but it could have been Armageddon or The Rock. If I do happen to find it, I'll send you a PM.
Oh awesome, don't go out of your way for it though. This is one of those things I didn't even know I wanted.

Slate Action posted:

I'm pretty sure most of the features from the Criterion release of Robocop are also on the recent Blu-ray release, which is currently $5.
Yeah but that Criterion cover looks so cool!

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

The B&N 50% off sale is being extended until Aug 3rd.

So far I've just impulse bought Kuroneko, knowing nothing about it other than it was from the director of Onibaba. Probably going to pick up Sword of Doom too, another mostly blind buy.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

e: still have one 15% coupon if anyone wants to get in last minute on the Criterion sale

The B&N Criterion sale ends tomorrow (so I think today might be the last day to buy stuff, not 100% sure). I have two 15% off coupons which expire tonight, I don't need to spend more money, so I'll give them to the first two people to PM me.

I ended up with Kuroneko and Sword of Doom, nice to hear good things said about both in this thread. I haven't watched Sword of Doom yet, but Kuroneko is beautiful. Watching one of the interviews that came with the movie, I had no idea that cat-monster movies were a craze in Japan somewhere around the 60s, and this is apparently a sort of arthouse take on the genre (I hope that's not too reductive, it's really good, and I love the director's de-romanticization of the samurai class).

RightClickSaveAs fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Aug 3, 2015

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

If you have a Costco nearby, might want to check out their DVD/Blu-ray section. I picked up Eraserhead there for $20 this weekend, and they also had Slacker and a couple older classic Criterions whose names escape me at the moment.

Costco always seems like a tossup as to what's actually in stock on a store-by-store level though.