Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Egbert Souse posted:

Things might change when the site is fully up since they're using VHX until April 8.

Is my inability to watch the weekly picks on my """""""external monitor""""""" because of this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

NightConqueror posted:

holy moly, what a disaster.

A lot of this is very bad but I really want that Criterion email address promised so fingers crossed this first free month sees some serious fixes and UI updates.

At least from the Android app I can actually play video. First time since their first weekly movie I've been able to get past "External Monitor."

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Does the criterion channel have The Rock?

Because I would find it hilarious to make my first watch on that channel The Rock

My first film watched on Filmstruck was, as a matter of principle, BILL & TED'S BOGUS JOURNEY.

I am sadly unable to recreate this christening with Criterion Channel. :smith:

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I mean more of that Bill and Ted is always seen as dumb movies when they had they some pretty highbrow jokes

Their "Bogus Journey" is a riot of visual invention and weird humor that works on its chosen sub-moronic level, and on several others as well, including some fairly sophisticated ones. 

-Roger Ebert

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Some twenty years ago in the letters from readers section of a skateboard mag I read that real skaters set their toilet paper to hang in the back and not the front. That, or it just sitting beside the commode.

Well, darn if that didn't sell me on how my bathroom feng shui should be from then on.

I take it the lot of you had a similar experience with a movie magazine lol

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

The_Rob posted:

I know they’re stupid and free, and they also don’t mean anything but drat it I want my criterion membership card. Any word on when they are sending them out. I wanna be extra pretentious when I’m cutting lines of coke.

I want my Criterion email address. :colbert:

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Ingmar terdman posted:

And still we wait for our Criterion channel charter member cards

*continues holding my breath for the Criterion email address*

*has been a dead person for some time now*

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Macrame_God posted:

Is Taste of Cherry any good?

Quite!

Zogo posted:

I'd recommend it if you're looking for something that's understated and without much action.

Yeah, it's a lot of dialogue and driving around without much physically occurring. It's one of those where if you're inclined to think you'll love it, you almost certainly will.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

HBO Max
HBO + Max
HBO owns Cinemax
HBO Max does not include Cinemax

I don't get it. Glad they'll have some good stuff on the service, though.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Yeah, Cinemax has a lot of really terrific content under its banner but it's gotten so little love from above that not even the Android app has casting capabilities and no Fire or PS4 apps exist so unless I torrent everything or buy Cinemax again through Hulu or Amazon, I have no way to get it on my tv. Really was thinking HBO Max would remedy this because why wouldn't they just throw it in and live fully in the year 2020? But uhhh

Savage.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Basebf555 posted:

I wonder if there's increased demand because

Stimulus cash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an exercise of power are barbarians,” he said. “[And] if the laws of the United States continue to condone this behavior, history will surely classify us as a barbaric society."

Cacator posted:

When will Criterion stand up to these tyrannical film directors?!

More like, when will Congress?