Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

professional swine bather
i bought the blu ray of high and low blind and holy cow did that turn out well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

should i get wim wender’s wings of desire and until the end of the world

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

Cemetry Gator posted:

Wings of Desire is a really interesting film. I don't know yet how I feel about it, but it certainly is thought provoking and does a lot of interesting things.

And it was remade into City of Angels, just replace Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds with the Goo Goo Dolls.

thanks...i do a lot of blind buys, but maybe ill check it out on the criterion channel first.

usually if i don’t know what to think about a movie i end up really liking it ok repeated viewings.

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Marketa Lazarová is my evergreen Criterion rec

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

yeah i recently watched the original and was shocked at how good it was.

i had only ever heard people make fun of the special effects but honestly i felt they held up pretty well considering the age.

haven’t watched the rest of the series but i will eventually.

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

Macrame_God posted:

I saw Close-Up a few years ago and I liked it well enough. I'll probably pick Taste of Cherry up later when it goes on sale.

taste of cherry is incredible, didn’t realize it was getting a physical release. definitely pick it up.

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

i wish there was a criterion release of the mirror by tarkovsky

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

i just watched cleo and vagabond for the first time the other day. perfect timing.

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

just finished the beach bum. chiming in to say that i too found it dark and nihilistic.

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

pretty sure the sale is happening. here’s part of an email that i got about my bruce lee box set preorder

criterion posted:

We also wanted to let you know that Barnes & Noble is planning to launch their Criterion 50% off sale in July and the Bruce Lee box set will be available during the sale. We truly appreciate your support, wherever you purchase your Criterion discs, and thank you for being a loyal fan.

edit: this email went out yesterday

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

i can’t wait to rebuy all of my criterion blu rays in 4k for seventy dollars each

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKiIroiCvZ0