Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Debating between grabbing Wages of Fear or Brighter Summer Day from the sale. Brighter Summer Day feels like a more Important (tm) movie to have, but Wages of Fear feels more like something I'd loan around and share with people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Ended up going with the crowd and grabbing Brighter Summer Day, if only because I learned that one has an audio commentary that Wages of Fear doesn’t. Gimme that four hour analysis, I’m ready to live

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

I bought Yi Yi just a few weeks too soon, drat, I coulda justified getting the blu-ray.

I say that before I no doubt end up getting an Eclipse set I've been eyeing.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

I remember finding a lot of the first half of the Third Man really dull and frustrating and considered turning it off.

Then Orson Welles shows up and its just a great party until the end.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

I ended up really treating myself to some Eclipse Collections I’ve been eyeing.

- Masaki Kobayashi Against the System
- Nikkatsu Noir
- Deep Cover

Part of me is eyeing Jacques Tati if my next paycheck comes in early, but I think I should watch more of the collection on the channel before I commit to that

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

I'm kinda looking for any DVDs of stuff that wouldn't be on the criterion channel for solid watches. It sounds like Ice Storm could be a good grab, but I'm down for basically any recommendation.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

The thing about Barnes and Noble is they got bought by a private equity firm like… three years ago? It’s genuinely a miracle it’s still going after being given a $600m debt plus the pandemic.

The criterion shelves getting a little underfurbished makes sense this far in but hopefully they’ll be able to turn it around

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Finally got around to watching Housemaid on the channel, what an absolutely fascinating picture. Male anxiety about getting put in the same position as women, class anxiety about losing your status, and all the various social anxieties of being trapped with someone else who doesn’t obey the “right” code of conduct. Everyone is kind of a monster, but in such different and interesting ways. Just top-tier across the board.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

40% off sale on Eclipse discs is a fun gimmick, although I wish Travel with Hiroshi and other sets weren't still out of stock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Yeah its a really cool service to add, but not being able to see the titles at any moment plus the lack of subtitles are hurting it a bit for me.