Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DROP TABLE PHIZ
Feb 10, 2018

IF YOU AIN'T GETTIN LIT YOU BETTER STAY OUT BITCH

fenix down posted:

Brief Encounter

^^^^

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DROP TABLE PHIZ
Feb 10, 2018

Kameradschaft is fantastic.

DROP TABLE PHIZ
Feb 10, 2018

Slowdive posted:

World on a Wire - loved Fassbinder's Fear eats the soul but this is seriously, and you can call me a philistine, just a lovely cheap TV movie. Nothing about the way it was filmed was striking or appealing at all, totally pedestrian, the script was utterly uninteresting as well, especially considering Philip K. Dick has written so much in that vein and i'd much rather read him than watch this. And i adore good slow cerebral scifi, this just wasn't it!

this is a baffling take

DROP TABLE PHIZ
Feb 10, 2018

Gripweed posted:

I have bounced off every Godard movie I've watched. That dude rubs me the wrong way. I feel like I should try some other French New Wave stuff other than Godard to see if I can still like the genre otherwise.

Watch Varda, particularly Cleo and Le Bonheur. She does a lot of the same things Godard does, but when she does it, it feels charming and playful rather than contrived and deliberately irritating.

DROP TABLE PHIZ
Feb 10, 2018

written on the wind is so good