Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

janklow
Sep 28, 2001

whatever in creation exists without my knowledge exists without my consent.

FitFortDanga posted:

They have renewed the rights to Salo and are working on a new transfer. Coming 2007.
i'm torn between "this is awesome in principle" and "i shouldn't be this excited about Salo."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

janklow
Sep 28, 2001

it's times like these DDD sales that i don't feel so bad about buying Yojimbo and Sanjuro yet again.

janklow
Sep 28, 2001

since it's list posting time, i do have some Criterion DVDs:

the Battle Of Algiers
Brazil
Dead Ringers
Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas
General Idi Amin Dada (A Self Portrait)
Hearts & Minds
the Hidden Fortress
Kagemusha
the Last Temptation of Christ
Man Bites Dog
the Most Dangerous Game
Rififi
Ran
Rashomon
Robocop
the Royal Tenebaums
Salo
le Samouraļ
the Samurai Trilogy
Sanjuro (old & new versions)
Seven Samurai (old & new versions)
Silence of the Lambs
Straw Dogs
the Sword Of Doom
Throne Of Blood
Time Bandits
Traffic
Withnail and I
Yojimbo (old & new versions)

i admit i lean a little heavily towards the Kurosawa.

janklow
Sep 28, 2001

FitFortDanga posted:

Now there's an unusual choice. You don't seem to be a Schroeder fan in general (can't blame you there, although Maitresse has its good points). Is it just the subject matter you're interested in?
basically. it's also a film that my father had wanted to see, so i also bought it with the express purpose of "and at some point i will loan this DVD to him."