Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Biff Rockgroin posted:

I'm debating picking up Heaven's Gate. I know the stories about it being a bloated mess, but I remember reading an essay years ago that praised it. Anyone know if it's worth watching?

Worth watching once just to see what went wrong, but not worth owning IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Cacator posted:

It would be nice if Criterion had Bullitt too.
They had it last month.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Yeah they just posted the September lineup https://twitter.com/criterionchannl/status/1300467182262980609

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Hell yeah

https://twitter.com/criterionchannl/status/1314246922421571584

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Yeah there's a ton of good stuff there.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Tried watching Driller Killer and made it about half an hour in. The protagonist is such an unlikeable schmuck I gave up and switched to the most enjoyable Theater Of Blood.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Huh, I bought the King Of The Hill Blu-rays mainly to see The Underneath again, since it never came out on DVD, and both are on the channel this month lol

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
In The Mood For Matrix.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
TIFF has the Wong series for streaming in Canada with extras if you wanna pay upwards of $14 a pop https://digital.tiff.net/page/tiff-cinematheque-presents/

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Vince MechMahon posted:

Does this set have the original color grading or just that new George Lucas style garbage he made?
It's all gonna be the Lucas'd versions.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
OAR or bust.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
And then removed it later lol.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I would kill to have an "Already Watched" signifier, anywhere. I'm still taking notes on my phone when I watch something.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Just wants to say "thanks" to the thread for talking up Nashville. Finally got a chance to watch it tonight, and hot drat it's great.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
What is this, the Matrix?!

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Basebf555 posted:

What other Altman films have you seen? If you loved Nashville then you probably should grab McCabe & Mrs. Miller and Short Cuts, at the very least.
I've seen a handful over the years, so he's not completely unknown to me. But yeah there's a slew I haven't seen yet.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Electronico6 posted:

In the new restored Chungking Express in the scene where Tony Leung gets handed his ex-gf note from Faye Wong instead of the sound of an airplane leaving over the slow motion footage now you have Faye Wong's Dreams cover blaring out.

lol
Fixed WKW box when

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Just inject that content straight into my vein

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
More like WRONG BOX

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Guess I'll hold onto this guy for a bit longer

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Oh yeah both of those are great! I had tix to see Eagle Shooting Heroes at TIFF but the print didn't arrive from HK on time :laffo:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Sounds like the director is making the decision?
https://twitter.com/matta_nathaniel/status/1385609661445857281

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Ooh sweet: A Touch of Zen and The Fate of Lee Khan on the channel in May

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
No, the app is pretty garbage for anything like that. Best I can do is favourite things on the web site and hope I remember to look at the list.

I mean this fargin thing doesn't even have an indication to show if you've already watched something.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Arcella posted:

Fuckin what
It's true. I keep a Notes page on my phone if all the stuff I've watched.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
To box when?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Heh went to check Unobstructed View for the Canadian sale, they have a web queue set up to go live at 11:15

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Hadn't seen "The Hit" before tonight, would recommend for not-the-usual gangster fare. Stamp and Hurt are great as always.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

gey muckle mowser posted:

I watched Memories of Murder the other day, that’s a hell of a film. Might be my favorite Criterion blind-buy ever!
Oh man that's a good one.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Had a fun weekend, watching "Body Heat" for the first time on the channel, then my own copies of "Man With Two Brains" and "Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid."

For the latter, it was great to now have the background from the Columbia Noir series to catch all the stylistic references as well as some of the clips from those movies.

As for the former, it's pretty amazing to think that "Body Heat" was Kathleen Turner's first movie role, playing the modern noir femme fatale, and "Two Brains" was her second, where she immediately parodies it. Fun stuff.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Filmed and Furious: HK Grift.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
The ending sucks though.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

checkplease posted:

Isnt the Tampopo ending just a western ending. Town is saved, time to ride off.

Best movie showing gives life, sex, death, and squishys.
Is joke: the final image is a woman breast feeding a baby :haw:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/b_davey/status/1435672867526610944

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
That links to the 4K "Le Cercle Rouge" review, which sounds like they completely hosed it up too.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
urinary tint infection

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
That'll set em off.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Got a preorder in for the Once Upon A Time In China set. Reminder to Canucks that these sales all come through https://unobstructedview.com

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Cacator posted:

gently caress yeah Le Cercle Rouge is a definite upgrade from the DVD for me.
Hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Can't believe I'm watching The Poseidon Adventure on the channel, but here we are