Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost
Well, it should be a fun weekend.

Man, does my phone take terrible pictures.

I'm thinking of upgrading my non-HDR 50" Vizio to an HDR-capable model; looks like it's only about $550, and while it obviously isn't going to do much for these discs other than what you get out of more local dimming regions, there are a number of 4k/HDR discs out there I'm interested in. Of course, then I'll need a 4k/HDR Bluray player, and a new receiver for 4 passthrough ...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

Boywhiz88 posted:

Thief is loving impeccable and Silence is a huge step up from its previous release. I got a copy of "Night of the Living Dead" waiting at my parent's, never seen it before but that deal was too good to pass up. They had to delay but we're gonna watch "Blood Simple" this weekend. Very pumped for that.

I want to watch Thief , but I've never seen it before and Tetrapyloctomy Jr is going to be in cranky pants mode so Silence of the Lambs it is.

Lamont Cranston posted:

Check whether the 4k Bluray player you're looking at has dual HDMI outputs, that way you can route the video straight into your TV and the audio to the AVR, and then you don't have to worry about pass-through.
I'm on the fence as to whether I want to upgrade the TV in the place we mostly watch now, or spend more to put a fuckoff-big (well, for us) screen in the finished attic with some new comfy chairs.

Edit: Okay, The Silence of the Lambs and Thief both looked phenomenal. Like I said, I've never seen the latter before. I'm glad I bought it, I'll definitely watch it again. I might go for Vampyr or The Spy Who Came In From The Cold today.

tetrapyloctomy fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Mar 4, 2018

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

Basebf555 posted:

Hellboy is underrated as well, obviously Del Toro was holding back a bit compared to Hellboy 2, but it's still a big budget movie about Nazis, led by Rasputin, opening a space portal to release Cthulhu. It's pretty unique.

I think I actually prefer it to the sequel, if only because it's so very Wolfenstein.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

Hector Beerlioz posted:

who put salo in the n section smh

... a masochist?

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

Egbert Souse posted:

I'm not one to fetishize packaging, but that's perfect.

Wow, great choice.

Their page says it includes "Edited 1987 audiobook reading of Goldman’s novel The Princess Bride by Reiner." It really is a great book, too bad it's not an unabridged reading.