Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Graplurado
Mar 24, 2004
I do backflips when you're not looking.
I wholeheartedly support the release of Green For Danger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Graplurado
Mar 24, 2004
Cria Cuervos is a fine movie, plus it has Jeanette's Por que te vas dominating the soundtrack.

El Graplurado
Mar 24, 2004
I actually squealed upon announcement of that William Klein set. Although i'm sure not too everyone's taste, Polly Maggoo has been a favourite of mine for a while now and i've always wanted to see more of his stuff.

El Graplurado
Mar 24, 2004
Dear god. My weird assortment, catch-up, hard to limit haul came to be the I Am Curious double, Ingmar Bergman's Faith Trilogy, Aki Kaurismdki's Proletariat Trilogy, Solaris, Il Posto, Metropolitan, Ratcatcher, The Diary of a Country Priest, By Brakhage: An Anthology, I Know Where I'm Going!, Ugetsu Monogatari, and Ali: Fear Eats Soul. Now its off to deepdiscount for the non-Criterion things.
These sales always happen around tax return season and i'm not sure whether that's a good or bad thing.

El Graplurado
Mar 24, 2004
The best thing learned from this newsletter was Nathan Lee's t-shirt and that it exists.

I really want one. Or i don't. I like it though.

El Graplurado
Mar 24, 2004

robix smash posted:

Speaking of, if anyone is looking for a good deal on the DVD Fanny and Alexander box, let me know.

Echoing this, but for Australians. If any Australians want a stupidly good deal contact me.

El Graplurado
Mar 24, 2004
They send replacements to Australia just fine.

El Graplurado
Mar 24, 2004
My dumb opinion says all the Eclipse sets run the spectrum of v. good to great, and seem like the only interesting "important classic and contemporary films" they are putting out these days. It's just a pity the back catalogues of the filmmakers, studios or movements chosen are reduced to the few films in them, and that's all that are championed and remembered.

El Graplurado
Mar 24, 2004
Best month in a long time (e. but still samey and unsurprising i don't know)

El Graplurado
Mar 24, 2004

I, Butthole posted:

BNTROPICAL code is live and working - got The Apu Trilogy, The Kid, and Dr Strangelove for $82US ($109AU) shipped.

Yeah this is ridiculous. Brighter Summer Day, Touch of Zen, Death By Hanging, La Cineaga and Apu for $155au

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Graplurado
Mar 24, 2004

FalsePriest posted:

How do you guys feel about Roma?

I love '8 1/2' and 'La Dolce Vita' but 'Satyricon' and 'Amarcord' didn't really do much for me.

Then i say avoid.