Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

juicy_J
Jun 25, 2004
I.O.U. one gmail invite
Just got the new newsletter:

Criterion posted:

Dear Criterion Collection Newsletter subscriber,

We’ve got some exciting news for this fall, and we wanted you to hear it first.

Our first Blu-ray discs are coming! We’ve picked a little over a dozen titles from the collection for Blu-ray treatment, and we’ll begin rolling them out in October. These new editions will feature glorious high-definition picture and sound, all the supplemental content of the DVD releases, and they will be priced to match our standard-def editions.

Here’s what’s in the pipeline:

The Third Man
Bottle Rocket
Chungking Express
The Man Who Fell to Earth
The Last Emperor
El Norte
The 400 Blows
Gimme Shelter
The Complete Monterey Pop
Contempt
Walkabout
For All Mankind
The Wages of Fear

Alongside our DVD and Blu-ray box sets of The Last Emperor, we’ll also be putting out the theatrical version as a stand-alone release in both formats, priced at $39.95. Our Blu-ray release of Walkabout will be an all-new edition, featuring new supplements as well as a new transfer; we will also release an updated anamorphic DVD of Nicolas Roeg’s outback masterpiece at the same time.

As a special thank you to our newsletter subscribers, we’d like to offer you all $10 off any order of $60 or more placed on on criterion.com through Monday, May 26. Just use the code OFBT and you’ll also qualify for free shipping.

Enjoy spring!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juicy_J
Jun 25, 2004
I.O.U. one gmail invite
I really hope they release Andrei Rublev on bluray eventually. That film deserves to be seen in HD.

juicy_J
Jun 25, 2004
I.O.U. one gmail invite
Thanks a lot, picked up the Monsters and Madmen box set and the Olivier's Shakespeare box set. This was pretty much a blind buy since I've only seen Richard III, so hopefully I'll enjoy all the films.

juicy_J
Jun 25, 2004
I.O.U. one gmail invite

RaydaArab posted:

They just shipped 4 of my DVDs (one of which was in stock when I bought it). I am going to make another purchase now.

Yeah, I just got my Monsters and Madmen box (it was out of stock when I ordered it) and my Olivier box set was shipped yesterday (also out of stock when ordered).

juicy_J
Jun 25, 2004
I.O.U. one gmail invite

Criterion Collection posted:

Dear Criterion viewers,

We’ve got some big news. We’re launching a new website on November 25, and we’re moving warehouses in the process. To clear the way for the new site, we’re selling everything on our current site at 40% off the retail price. That includes clothing, posters, mugs, totebags, and of course every Criterion DVD in stock! You’ll still get free shipping on orders over $50, and your purchases will still count toward our loyalty program if you create an account on our new site. We won’t be taking new preorders or back orders—this sale is strictly “while supplies last,” so shop early and often. Come on down, browse around, and stock up on holiday gifts at unbeatable prices, while you also help us move to our new digs! Sale ends Monday, November 24, at midnight.

Happy shopping!

Finally my chance to get a Criterion totebag.