Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr.Cthulhu
Jan 19, 2005

Earache! Earache!
Cthulhu Fatigue!
Got my copy of Blow Out and it has one the best booklets to date! In case someone doesn't want to be spoiled It has two pages of awesome poster art for movies like "Food of the Gods", "Incredible Melting Man", "Fantasex" and "Squirm"!. Also has pages from a magazine prop that details the death of Governor McRyan

It's nice to remember that Travolta could act and was a hottie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr.Cthulhu
Jan 19, 2005

Earache! Earache!
Cthulhu Fatigue!
Will I get boned for living in Canada? I have about 30 minutes to decide!

Dr.Cthulhu
Jan 19, 2005

Earache! Earache!
Cthulhu Fatigue!
Found something interesting on StumbleUpon, If you search by studio they have a bunch of Criterions listed that haven't been announced officially. Polanski's Macbeth, Grand Budapest, Boyhood, Moonrise Kingdom, Hard Eight, A King in New York, THE INNOCENTS!!! and a bunch of others. Link HERE

Dr.Cthulhu
Jan 19, 2005

Earache! Earache!
Cthulhu Fatigue!

bobkatt013 posted:

Grand Budapest is not going to be coming out on Criterion for a long time. It will just be coming out next month.

You didn't even click that link, did you? Sort by recently added. The June release you see on amazon and such is a Fox one.

edit: Reading comprehension. I see what you mean. Regardless, it's still oddly listed in that link.

Dr.Cthulhu
Jan 19, 2005

Earache! Earache!
Cthulhu Fatigue!

bobkatt013 posted:

I assume they just stuck it there since its a Wes Anderson film and they all end up coming out on Criterion. So everything on that link could just be rumors, but I still want Macbeth. :argh:

Hah, that is very true! I want Macbeth too but I am CRAZY excited for The Innocents!

Dr.Cthulhu
Jan 19, 2005

Earache! Earache!
Cthulhu Fatigue!
Do any Canadian goons have experience ordering from the Barnes and Noble sale? I hear horror stories but I need to order some items asap for Christmas gifts.

Dr.Cthulhu
Jan 19, 2005

Earache! Earache!
Cthulhu Fatigue!
edit: deleted in case the person I'm getting this for sees it.

Dr.Cthulhu fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Nov 27, 2014

Dr.Cthulhu
Jan 19, 2005

Earache! Earache!
Cthulhu Fatigue!
Amazon.ca has a bunch of Criterion blu-rays listed for under $5.00! Gotta be a mistake but I'm giving it a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr.Cthulhu
Jan 19, 2005

Earache! Earache!
Cthulhu Fatigue!

Jack Gladney posted:

They fixed the prices but have not cancelled my order yet. But they haven't filled it either.

Same here. They haven't said anything about cancelling the order and it appears to be fine. Not my fault they goofed!