Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
Wanda isn’t for everyone’s tastes. I went into it blind and it wasn’t my thing.

Only afterward did I learn it was the first movie to be directed , written and starring by the same woman, so that is neat .

Forty Guns is another one that is a ‘good’ movie that didn’t do much for me. I would like to have seen The Steel Helmet get its own spine, or an upgrade of White Dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

I was looking for podcasts about movies and I can’t believe how many Criterion- centric podcasts there are .

Criterion Cast isn’t too bad, is there a better one I should be listening to? It doesn’t have to be about just Criterion titles, but I prefer talk about older movies/ classics rather than just what is in theaters

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

TeezyBBQ posted:

The Important Cinema Club

quote:

The Impossible Filmography of Jess Franco (Part1)

Lord all mighty . Know what I’m listening to on the way home. Thanks !

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

Cloks posted:

I also watched Ali : Fear Eats the Soul Tuesday night and wow, having never seen anything by Fassbinder before, I'm definitely going to dive into the rest of his catalogue. That's the real strength of the channel to me - if there's a director I like, I can easily watch a bunch of their films.

Make sure to dive into some of the trivia and the behind the scenes, it's fascinating and sad.

I've been waiting for Salesman to be released on Blu-Ray for a while. A lot of people I talk to seem luke warm on it, but the look at a thing largely now extinct is something right up my alley. That's really cool that you have that personal connection with it.

Dr.Caligari fucked around with this message at 17:50 on May 3, 2019

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

Someone mentioned anime ... Does anime not have a dedicated boutique label? I figure with the success of Criterion , and even Scream Factory and places like Vinegar Syndrome, a fancy anime distributor releasing important and obscure titles would be like printing money