Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WaitsUp
Sep 19, 2005
I used to be a deli sandwich

Criminal Minded posted:

Aha, I didn't even notice that until now..."Hot dog, hurf's a-winnin'!" What a great movie.

What film is this from? I'm trying my hardest to recognize it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaitsUp
Sep 19, 2005
I love the covers for Brand Upon The Brain and The Ascent. Not so sure about the font on Small Black Room, looks a bit out of place.

WaitsUp
Sep 19, 2005

ThetaOmnikron posted:

Well, the biannual Deep Discount 20% off sale is starting the 6th(according to some DVDTalk sources), and I need some criterion recommendations. Assuming https://www.dvdplanet.com mirrors the sale(which they did last year, and hopefully will again as they have a few better Criterion prices) I'd like to spend about 100$ and pick up a few Criterion titles. Though, I haven't see a ton and would love a few recommendations on some worthwhile titles every collection should have.

As of now, I have:

-Brazil (3 Disc)
-Dazed and Confused
-Third Man (2nd pressing)
-Fear and Loathing
-Night and Fog
-Royal Tenanbaums
-Rushmore
-Life Aquatic

I'm considering the Bergman Masterworks boxset (comes to about 52$), Seven Samurai, the Olivier set, Days of Heaven, or maybe something from Goddard(and almost certainly F for Fake). I'm a bit hesitant to buy too much whatwith BluRay and all, but regardless, steer me in the right direction.

Get Days of Heaven for sure, it's incredible.

I'd also suggest Contempt or Masculin Feminin for Godard (Cotempt is coming out on blu-ray however)

WaitsUp
Sep 19, 2005

Cacator posted:

Recommendations needed for DeepDiscount/DVD Planet sale:

Does anyone have the William Klein eclipse set? It sounds obscure (even by Criterion standards) and bizarre enough to be very interesting.

I bought it on Monday, and I love it. You're right, it's really obscure stuff, but so much so it's entertaining. If you can get past some of his heavy handed criticisms, its a great buy.

WaitsUp
Sep 19, 2005

Jack Does Jihad posted:

Pictures of the packaging for The Furies:

Hahah, I didn't expect the novel to have the Criterion spine on it for some reason. Looks pretty classy.

And this one, essay booklet looks nice:

Wow, that looks incredible.

I really hope their packaging doesnt drop in quality with the switch to blu-ray.

WaitsUp
Sep 19, 2005
I'll be buying Missing the day it comes out. Hopefully on blu-ray.

WaitsUp
Sep 19, 2005

FitFortDanga posted:

I've never heard of this movie (or even the director), but the folks at criterionforum.org are exceedingly confident that this means Fanfan la Tulipe.

It's a pretty standard adventure film, just french. Not quite as good an announcemount as Missing was a couple days ago.

WaitsUp
Sep 19, 2005
If anyone's on the fence about the Shepitko Eclipse set, get it. I watched The Ascent last night, and it's awesome.

WaitsUp
Sep 19, 2005

FitFortDanga posted:

They changed it since last night. I liked the old one more.

I agree.

Also, I love the cover for Realm, really makes me want to check it out.

WaitsUp
Sep 19, 2005

Clothes Optional posted:

Ugh I was hoping The Thin Red Line would a be announced today. I guess it won't be until much later this year.

I'd expect it around the time Tree of Life opens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaitsUp
Sep 19, 2005

kuddles posted:

B&N will ship to Canada? I wasn't aware of that.

They'll ship here, but it takes forever. Also 50/50 chance of getting your order messed up, at least from my past ordering experiences.