Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

I am so excited for each of these, after watching the Seventh Seal bluray I decided to blind buy every Ingmar Bergman bluray Criterion puts out. I also get to see House at the end of the month in theaters. This'll be the first month where I buy every single Criterion release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Wow, just like October I want to get every title. Time so start saving up my pennies.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

This just popped up on their Facebook page:
The first Blu-ray encode of SEVEN SAMURAI arrived today. Our restoration team has really outdone themselves:

*I'm an idiot who forgets*. Really excited to see this one for the first time.

E.G.G.S. fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Aug 18, 2010

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

If I was invited in there I'd just take my arm out and knock every single title down into my cart giggling the entire time.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Any Canadians here take advantage of the Barnes & Noble sale? I'm worried that shipping costs would negate the savings.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Thanks guys, can't wait! Better start counting my pennies. :dance:

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

I just ordered:

Charade, Paths of Glory, House, Crumb and Seven Samurai

and it came to just $125.

That America: BBS Story boxset is still showing as 106.99 on their site :(

Edit:

zandert33 posted:

Sale is not valid for preorders.

I thought that , Night of the Hunter is listed as being 24.99 right now when earlier today it was 42.99. Threw me off!
I'll make a second order once those are released.

E.G.G.S. fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Nov 1, 2010

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Made one last order: For All Mankind, Night of the Hunter, and Modern Times.

Can't wait till the next sale, it's going to be a test of my will power. :D

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

First chunk of my order came in the other day (House, Charade, Paths of Glory, Seven Samurai and Crumb). Less than a week after ordering, and I was expecting to wait almost two. :canada:

I popped in House to watch during the evening and all I have to say about House is I've never seen a movie like House.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Ka-BLAM!

I still can't believe how inexpensive this is. Hurry up next week.

edit: :cry:

E.G.G.S. fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Nov 14, 2010

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Twin Cinema posted:

Has any Canadian ordered from B&N before? I ordered House, and it said it shipped on October 29th. I am still waiting for it. I am just worried about how long I am going to have to wait for my Criterion sale order when it ships tomorrow.

I am! I ordered on November 2nd and got everything on the 9th.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Yeah, not really interested in anything for March. October and November spoiled me.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

:canada: I made two orders from them, the first one i did the moment the sale went up and it took a week to arrive. The second order I made half way through and I didn't get anything for 30ish business days. I'm rather hesitant to make another order from them but I'll probably cave in.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

May's titles have been announced!

Diabolique - Henri-Georges Clouzot
Solaris - Andrei Tarkovsky
Smiles of a Summer Night - Ingmar Bergman
Fat Girl - Catherine Breillat
Something Wild - Jonathan Demme
Pale Flower - Masahiro Shinoda
The Great Dictator - Charlie Chaplin

All on blu.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Criterion's facebook page just updated with:
To celebrate, when we hit 50,000 Facebook fans, we'll post a promo code for 50% off all in-stock DVDs and Blu-rays at Criterion.com, but get ready -- the code will only be valid for 50,000 seconds!

Looks like I'll be getting that America Lost and Found set finally :D

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

TheYellowFog posted:

Do they really charge $20 shipping for Canada?

Yeah, I bit the bullet on that one though and got the America Lost and Found set for only 82 dollars (shipping included).

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

About time Hot Rod gets the recognition it deserves.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Well that was fast, my order came in today. Gonna curl up with America Lost and Found this week. Was not expecting that 8 dollar brokerage fee though :canada:

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Hey I dont need to pay any bills this month! Ordered: High and Low, Blow Out, The Great Dictator and Kiss Me Deadly.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

50% off is nice, but it's not nice when shipping to Canada is 20 dollars when all you want is two things :(

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Ratedargh posted:

Here's a question for my fellow Canadians who have ordered through Barnes and Noble during their 50 % off sales in the past. I have always avoided them because of the international shipping and duty I assume would nearly negate the discount. I really want to use the next sale (in November, right?) but would like a heads up on if it is worth it.

Shipping isn't too bad, I think it was around 11 dollars last time for me with an order of 4 movies. I also stack the coupon codes that pop up around that time as well. Also our dollar is great right now it's totally worth waiting for!

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Just placed my Barnes & Noble order, they have all of December and January's titles available at the discounted price!

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

kaujot posted:

Just a word of warning: Barnes and Noble has put pre-releases (that were not due to come out within the span of the sale) up before by mistake, and it can be a real hassle getting your money back when they either cancel your order outright or bump up the prices on you.

Oh really? Thanks for the heads up. I just cancelled all of the pre-orders , I can wait till the next sale.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

E7E4K8K at checkout will give you an additional 7% off the order total.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

"I'm only going to blind buy a couple blurays this time!"

Smiles of a Summer Night
Fanny & Alexander
The Magician
Something Wild
Broadcast News
Island of Lost Souls
Salo
The Killing

I'm weak Barnes and Noble, just take my credit card.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

The Lucas posted:

please send me a 25% off coupon if you have an extra :) lucaskollauf @ gmail.com

Sending you an email!

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Twin Cinema posted:

The time it takes to ship things to my house

Amazon.ca: 1-2 business days
Amazon.com: 2-3 business days
Amazon.com other sellers: 5-7 business days
AbeBooks: ~10 business days
Barnes & Noble: Over 30 business days

How the gently caress do they ship?

Horse and carriage, still waiting on my order from November 2nd! Maybe it'll arrive by mid-December.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

My 2nd order showed up, still waiting on my Salo order. Yuck

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

FitFortDanga posted:

All signs indicate that the Samurai Trilogy will be among today's announcements. Also possibly An Autumn Afternoon.

They also seem to be going nuts with the Naked Lunch material on their tumblr/facebook page.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Out of print. It wasn't meant to be. :(

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

I was only going to get Rushmore and Last Temptation of Christ, but then I saw the B2G1 banner and went in for Godzilla. So tempted to make another order but my poor wallet cant take it this month :(

E.G.G.S. fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jul 10, 2012

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

I hope my tv can display all those browns properly.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

I'm going to wait till the Summer sale ... I'm going to wait till the Summer sale. :negative:

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

I have zero will power, they sent me a coupon code. Ordered only one: Rosemary's Baby. Going in blind!

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

TrixRabbi posted:

This only clicked in my head when you said that. For some reason I thought the glasses were a hint at Battleship Potemkin but I couldn't figure out what the hell the pig represented. I actually love the classic version of Lord of the Flies so this is good news.

I thought it was A Christmas Story and felt stupid after.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

kuddles posted:

B&N will ship to Canada? I wasn't aware of that.

They still use horse and carriage for delivery.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

I'll take a gamble and blind buy Safety Last! during the B&N sale, it'll cheer me up after Shoah.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

It was July 9th last year, I hope they goof again and have the buy two get one free sale still up as well.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

I ordered: Safety Last, Naked Lunch, Medium Cool, Wild Strawberries, Badlands, Repo Man all on blu-ray.

Going to order these later on this month: Summer Interlude, Summer with Monika, Trilogy of Life, Rashomon, Shoah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Got a part of my 50% off order in (Rashomon, Samurai Trilogy and Brazil) but someone destroyed the Brazil case and took out disc one! Everything else in the shipment was fine and the box didn't even look tampered with. I hope Shoah shows up in one piece :(