Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WhatWouldRoarkDo
May 11, 2006

This sentence is false.
Something that's been bugging me for a while...this seems like a good place to ask:

Is there a list somewhere, or is there some clever way to find out, which movies on Netflix are available in their Criterion edition? For example, I got Time Bandits from Netflix, and it wasn't Criterion...just the normal dvd release. On the other hand, when I got Brazil, they sent me disc one of the three-disc Criterion release...even though the artwork that they show on Netflix's website is for the regular DVD release. I'd love to see every Criterion release that I possibly can through Netflix, but it seems there's no way of telling if you're going to get Criterion or not until it shows up at your door. Of course, this isn't a problem for movies that have only had Criterion DVD releases (I've gotten Tokyo Olympiad, Idi Amin Dada, Band of Outsiders, etc.), but what about flicks like Traffic, Do The Right Thing, Dazed and Confused, etc?

If such a list doesn't exist already, I propose that we goons make a project out of it. We'll just split up the entire Criterion library among all the Netflix users in CD, have everybody add their assigned portion to their queue, and then report whatever they get...

...but somebody else should administrate this project...not me.

p.s. Super-psyched for House of Games. For me, that's a buy, not a rent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhatWouldRoarkDo
May 11, 2006

This sentence is false.

Og Oggilby posted:

The current Artisan (now Lionsgate) DVD has one of the worst transfers ever put out by a studio. It's also out of print.

It can't be worse than Lost Highway. Speaking of which...Lynch seems like a natural choice for Criterion. I'll keep my fingers crossed, but I know it will never happen.