Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

That's one of the quirkiest theme races I've ever seen.

Camber on 64 is pretty aggressive, but the outer wheels are perfectly level in turns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

And just like that, no one in here has any excuse not to change your own tires.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeBOfD7R2G8

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

I think that's the first time I audibly shouted "oh my god" at my computer. Is this a Nissan sanctioned event? Are they having second thoughts, haha?

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

I once forgot to torque my wheels onto my car after doing a brake change. It felt like I was going to die. How does someone not notice the sound loose wheels make?

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

Really cool visualization there is how the engine doesn't really push out the exhaust gasses with the piston more than it says, "okay I'm done with this flame" opens up the valve and the pressure difference looks as if it nearly gets sucked out in a fraction of a stroke.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

If the description is to believed, these guys saw a monument with a tank on it and decided to see if it could run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qSVoPYbveE

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

The reminds me of that short video of that Miata that comes flying around a corner screaming and sideways while all the other cars are gripping. Wish I could find that again.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

Haha that's the one, thanks.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

Are jet boat hulls disposable? Holy christ.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

Found a neat prototype car running a 2 stroke V6. Video is nothing special, just a few revs, but I love that exhaust set up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8J0UWbIgy4

There are videos of the car racing here, but nothing too aurally satisfying for a pretty cool set up.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

There's no way it wasn't anyone favorite if you watched the whole thing. The guy drove it like an absolute lunatic. That gets points in my book on so many levels.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

Haha did that wheelie bar do anything?

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

I still care about it, but once a month isn't often enough to build a good audience cadence. It's enough time for people to forget about it.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

The alternative are cable packages. That's stupid. Pay only for what you want to watch is a far better model for the consumer.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

Kind of bugs me they bought an RS and are now talking about how someone has to foot the bill. I was much happier when they were working on trash cars and not spending $50k on them.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

Hey can I get channel recommendations going? The recent exodus of many different content providers from YouTube because of their policy update has left my subscriptions pretty barren. Yes I am talking about more than just Motortrend.

A few channels I'd recommend, maybe a surprise to no one, is Bad Obsession Motorsport, Finnegan's Garage, and EVO.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

But the only people complaining are definitely just people too cheap to pay money for content. There's nothing else wrong at all.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

Yikes, the WRX I autocross sets off the crash alerts on my dash cam and the extra stiff suspension jacks down on rougher corners, I hadn't even considered my SRS going off because of that.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

Could have been any number of issues other than traction. But that right there is why a Miata slays Corvettes in autocross.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

A weird thing to think about is how the record setting Veyron was 1200hp with an 8L V16. I feel like that kind of power would be easy with a block like that. I bet you the whole car won't cost $1.7 million either.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

The most recent one was for a blasting cabinet that he got a big discount on. It wasn't shilling more than he needed one so he used his social media presence to get a discount.

But you should really watch the two most recent eps, serious roadkill vibes.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

Boy I stopped watching MCM after Super Gramps and everything became entire car builds.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

Dudes a retired nuclear engineer with a long past of cobbling engines together that extends past what his YouTube covers. He had a few of his builds in the Skip Barber museum.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

That's wildly unfortunate. Finnegan has had a bit of a dry spell lately as far as good content goes. The last good video was the 6 door F750.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

As an American I can say I am actually embarrassed by stuff like this.