Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Andorra posted:

A train is going strong across a bridge then just plummets off the side, when the main character raises up and its revealed to be a model train.

Or the Addams Family? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccKb0dZgFpE#t=1m33s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
No, neither of those. I thought it was from The General but I watched it yesterday and that scene wasn't there.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

Could be, but Bridges was limping all through the movie, and that's memorable.

This it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2iGhDylhAA

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
ID this suckas!

A group of astronauts (on Mars?) come across an alien sphere which is preventing them from leaving, they die of one at a time until one of them kills the sphere by allowing it to open up and swallow him and then detonating a bomb/grenade..

Saw this on vcr in either the late 70s or early 80s

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Planet of the Vampires?

knucklehead
Apr 29, 2004

concentrated and crosseyed a dangerous combination

Yup, just watched the whole thing! Awesome movie! I was really young when I saw it, don't know where I got the European idea from.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
When I was a kid (around 1995 - 96) a saw a trailer play in a video store where a guy bench presses a lady, in like a cool, sexy way. In my memory it was a trailer for Heat, but then I saw Heat. Anybody have any idea what this movie could be?

westborn
Feb 25, 2010

Human Tornada posted:

When I was a kid (around 1995 - 96) a saw a trailer play in a video store where a guy bench presses a lady, in like a cool, sexy way.

Maybe this from Breaking Up (1997)?

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln

Human Tornada posted:

When I was a kid (around 1995 - 96) a saw a trailer play in a video store where a guy bench presses a lady, in like a cool, sexy way. In my memory it was a trailer for Heat, but then I saw Heat. Anybody have any idea what this movie could be?

Nic Cage did it in Kiss of Death (1995).

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Human Tornada posted:

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat
I have two, both half-remembered, both IIRC filmed in Technicolour sometime in the 60s (early 70s?).

1) Something about what I think was a poltergeist but my have been some other kind of spirit, entity, or ghost. All I can remember is there is one scene where it has locked itself in a room; several men are concerned because it is eating something - crystals? - which is giving it more power. The only other thing I remember about it is a scene where something that looks like a totem pole or a tiki guy is falling down the rows of chairs in an indoor amphitheater-style auditorum/lecture hall.

2) Something about escaping death row number nine or something. A guy with big shaggy hair runs away from something in some kind of dystopian future (?). There's a scene with an invisible fence projected between poles which kills anything that touches it. At the end, a woman is holding the man as they escape from some kind of building. He asks 'does this make me a hero?'; she says 'no. heroes carry the girl into the sunset. I carried you.' then it ends. there may have been a point where an authoritarian voice commands him to RETURN TO DEATH ROW NUMBER NINE or whatever.

Please help me.

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

chernobyl kinsman posted:

1) Something about what I think was a poltergeist but my have been some other kind of spirit, entity, or ghost. All I can remember is there is one scene where it has locked itself in a room; several men are concerned because it is eating something - crystals? - which is giving it more power. The only other thing I remember about it is a scene where something that looks like a totem pole or a tiki guy is falling down the rows of chairs in an indoor amphitheater-style auditorum/lecture hall.
The first part of this really sounds like an episode of "Kolchak The Night Stalker" called "The Energy Eater", at one point the invisible spirit locks itself in a hospital room and feeds off of some radioactive material stored in there. But I don't remember a falling totem pole tiki guy in that episode. Of course, that kind of thing could have happened in another episode of Kolchak, maybe you saw two episodes back to back and they mashed together in your memory.

EDIT: Like maybe the end of this other episode of Kolchak, start watching at about 6:15.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5_NmnrGOak

Sir Nose fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Apr 12, 2017

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat

Sir Nose posted:

The first part of this really sounds like an episode of "Kolchak The Night Stalker" called "The Energy Eater", at one point the invisible spirit locks itself in a hospital room and feeds off of some radioactive material stored in there. But I don't remember a falling totem pole tiki guy in that episode. Of course, that kind of thing could have happened in another episode of Kolchak, maybe you saw two episodes back to back and they mashed together in your memory.

EDIT: Like maybe the end of this other episode of Kolchak, start watching at about 6:15.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5_NmnrGOak

holy poo poo this is it, it was from two episodes. you're a champion

chernobyl kinsman fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Apr 12, 2017

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

chernobyl kinsman posted:

holy poo poo this is it, it was from two episodes. you're a champion

drat, good catch Sir Nose!

It might have actually been one episode; Kolchak got cancelled mid-season, so four of the unaired episodes were cobbled together to form two 'tv movies'. Not sure which ones got paired up.

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Actually, those Kolchak movies were assembled from episodes that did air; there were no unaired episodes. Both of the episodes that chernobyl kinsman remembers became part of the movies, but not with each other! So he had to have seen either the two individual episodes, or both of the movies.

"The Demon and the Mummy" combined "Demon in Lace" and "Legacy of Terror", and "Crackle of Death" combined "Firefall" and "The Energy Eater."

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

Could have been this I guess but the shot is way different than I remember. I'm sure I;m just mixing it all up in my memory.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Someone told me about this british movie yesterday. Apparently it's about a guy sliding into poverty, and it's gritty or filmed like a sociological portrait. The title is "I, <name of the guy>". I *think* it's a movie, and not a mini-series. Also recent.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

mike12345 posted:

Someone told me about this british movie yesterday. Apparently it's about a guy sliding into poverty, and it's gritty or filmed like a sociological portrait. The title is "I, <name of the guy>". I *think* it's a movie, and not a mini-series. Also recent.

I, Daniel Blake

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

LesterGroans posted:

I, Daniel Blake

Yeah, that looks like it. Thanks a lot.

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP
Made for TV or straight-to-video movie I saw on HBO or Showtime in the mid to late 90's about a kid with AIDS getting ostracized at his suburban elementary or middle school. I remember a scene about him getting cut, maybe as a result of kids beating him up, and needing a bandaid at school, and that causing a big freak out by the teachers / students.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The Ryan white story

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Me and my mate caught the end of a film once while channel hopping years back, there was a guy who was in a care facility because he had some kind of mental issue and one of the doctors (who was possibly in love with him?) convinces the rest of the staff that he should be released so he can live at her house and she'll take care of him. The guy goes to live with her, has some kind of episode and runs out of the house, then a title card comes up saying he was never seen again (or something like that) and FIN. It felt like one of those atrocious low budget, true-story type affairs they show on Channel 5 a lot.

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

oldpainless posted:

The Ryan white story

Thanks!

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

SO this is gonna be the vaguest thing I've ever posted.

I have a memory from around 2001, where I was in middle school and I had a tutor who was really into film. He was between 21 and 25 and he was really big into indie movies and the like. He loving idolized Kevin Smith. That kind of dude.

One thing I remember him doing a lot was whenever he'd see me reading a Japanese comic he'd put on a Comic Book Nerd voice and say "It's pronounced man goooo". It was obviously a reference to something. I remember asking him about it and he said it was a film, but I don't think I ever caught the title. i've watched a few movies about comic book stores (which is what I figure it must have been about) and haven't heard a line like it. Anyone have know what this film was?

Rosemont
Nov 4, 2009
I'm trying to remember a rather dumb horror movie that I caught snippets of while channel-surfing. It was about a bunch of college kids going to a resort in South America. They run into some shady dude who offers to show them a ziggurat left by the Aztecs (or another ancient group like them). At some point somewhere one of the locals gives them the "You're DOOOOMED" speech. So they reach this ziggurat and it's overrun by vines, and it turns out these are special horror movie vines that attack people and make them crazy. Also I could swear the vines implant seeds or something in people and then start growing out of them and it rips them apart, but that might be a detail from another movie. Anyway, everyone that dies does so because everyone's a moron, and there's nobody to root for because they're a bunch of unlikable douchebags. Also at one point I think one of the local kids touches the ziggurat and his dad shoots him because he's doomed now.

IIRC it's a fairly recent film, too, if that'll help out any.

Rosemont fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Apr 21, 2017

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

LucyWanabe posted:

I'm trying to remember a rather dumb horror movie that I caught snippets of while channel-surfing. It was about a bunch of college kids going to a resort in South America. They run into some shady dude who offers to show them a ziggurat left by the Aztecs (or another ancient group like them). At some point somewhere one of the locals gives them the "You're DOOOOMED" speech. So they reach this ziggurat and it's overrun by vines, and it turns out these are special horror movie vines that attack people and make them crazy. Also I could swear the vines implant seeds or something in people and then start growing out of them and it rips them apart, but that might be a detail from another movie. Anyway, everyone that dies does so because everyone's a moron, and there's nobody to root for because they're a bunch of unlikable douchebags. Also at one point I think one of the local kids touches the ziggurat and his dad shoots him because he's doomed now.

IIRC it's a fairly recent film, too, if that'll help out any.

I haven't seen it, but I've heard about it so I did a quick Google; is it The Ruins (2008)?

Rosemont
Nov 4, 2009
Yeah, that's it, thanks!

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Based on a book, not less.

The Easy Rider
Sep 21, 2006

Corn Dogs- Deep Fried Proof Of A Loving God
Not quite a normal request for this thread, but it still seems like the best place to ask it; I'm thinking of an older white actor who I can't recall any of the specific roles he's played, but I believe he usually plays vaguely sinister men of authority. His voice is the most distinctive thing sticking in my memory; he has a a slight Southern accent, delivers lines in a matter-of-fact way that seems like they always have an ulterior motive, and comes across as highly intelligent (or at least putting on airs of intelligence). It's sort of like the Platonic form of a country lawyer in Arkansas or something like that. I also think he has a distinct way of looking upwards when asking questions, whether rhetorical or not. I apologize that I don't have much more to go on, but for some reason I can very distinctively hear his voice while only catching the suggestion of his appearance.

The Easy Rider fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Apr 24, 2017

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

The Easy Rider posted:

Not quite a normal request for this thread, but it still seems like the best place to ask it; I'm thinking of an older white actor who I can't recall any of the specific roles he's played, but I believe he usually plays vaguely sinister men of authority. His voice is the most distinctive thing sticking in my memory; he has a a slight Southern accent, delivers lines in a matter-of-fact way that seems like they always have an ulterior motive, and comes across as highly intelligent (or at least putting on airs of intelligence). It's sort of like the Platonic form of a country lawyer in Arkansas or something like that. I also think he has a distinct way of looking upwards when asking questions, whether rhetorical or not. I apologize that I don't have much more to go on, but for some reason I can very distinctively hear his voice while only catching the suggestion of his appearance.

Dan O'Herlihy?

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
Powers Booth?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Cheap explotiation film about a multi-level marketing business retreat that basically turns into a series of bdsm scenes as they're punished for not selling enough things. I remember one guy being crucified at one point.

The Easy Rider
Sep 21, 2006

Corn Dogs- Deep Fried Proof Of A Loving God
Both good guesses, but this guy is a bit more effete-seeming; sort of Stephen Root in O Brother Where Art Thou-esque, but unless I am completely failing to recall the role, I'm pretty sure it isn't Root.

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

The Easy Rider posted:

Both good guesses, but this guy is a bit more effete-seeming; sort of Stephen Root in O Brother Where Art Thou-esque, but unless I am completely failing to recall the role, I'm pretty sure it isn't Root.

Michael Parks maybe?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

ned beatty?

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
A British movie, I think? Saw it very long time ago. There are two guys, their car broke down in a middle of the British country and there's a mansion nearby. They go there and do something and after that they are ordered to build a small wall around the mansion if they want to get free. So they do it but stuff happens and they try to escape but the fog is too heavy and there are no cars on the road. I think only one of them escapes in the end?

edit: I remember one scene after the escape attempt where they are given a supervisor who also brings his irritating kid with him. And one of the protagonists is so annoyed with him that he fantasizes about slicing the kids throat with a trowel.

Terminally Bored fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Apr 25, 2017

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Mr. Squishy posted:

Cheap explotiation film about a multi-level marketing business retreat that basically turns into a series of bdsm scenes as they're punished for not selling enough things. I remember one guy being crucified at one point.

I slept on it and remembered, it's 1981's Brainwash! or Circle of Power, and some guy does get crucified.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

That is the most casual crucifixion I've ever seen.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!
Business casual crucifixion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Always Be Crucifying