Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

CzarChasm posted:

Looking for a movie i did not see, so descrption is all based on trailers. Movie came out some time in the last 5 years I want to say. Most of the movie takes place in a warehouse where a gun/drug deal is happening. Looks like someone trying to make a Tarantino esqe movie.

Free Fire by Ben Wheatley?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
That's the one. Many thanks

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Give it a watch. It's pretty fun, probably especially if you've just seen Captain Marvel.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Did some googling and I’m pretty sure it’s this movie The Unspoken from 2015... the quotes page has the Amityville thing as the mother’s last line

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4229298/

Holy poo poo I think this is it! It's been bothering me for years and my Googling turned up nothing. Thank you! Gonna buy this digitally on Amazon to give it a watch right now.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

CzarChasm posted:

Looking for a movie i did not see, so descrption is all based on trailers. Movie came out some time in the last 5 years I want to say. Most of the movie takes place in a warehouse where a gun/drug deal is happening. Looks like someone trying to make a Tarantino esqe movie.

Ben Wheatley’s Free Fire?

Edit: drat, shoulda checked the next page first

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Ben Wheatley’s Free Fire?

Edit: drat, shoulda checked the next page first

Yeah. I got there first for once! :viggo:

jeff8472
Dec 28, 2000

He died from watch-in-ass disease
Can anyone identify who does the voiceover in the trailer for 24 Hour Party people?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q2PYyvGFHD8

Raspberry Bang
Feb 14, 2007

jeff8472 posted:

Can anyone identify who does the voiceover in the trailer for 24 Hour Party people?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q2PYyvGFHD8

Steve Coogan

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I assume the American VO in the second half is just some anonymous trailer voice jobber.

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

Teenage Fansub posted:

I assume the American VO in the second half is just some anonymous trailer voice jobber.

He does sounds terribly familiar, though. Cam Clarke?

jeff8472
Dec 28, 2000

He died from watch-in-ass disease
Probably Cam Clarke. Thanks a lot!

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

That's absolutely not Cam Clarke.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

What movie is playing in this 80’s bar

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Steve Yun posted:

What movie is playing in this 80’s bar

I think that's Pink Floyd's The Wall? The wall in the non-animated segments in that flick was dark stone like that.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWi0rzL-BZc

From their music video too of Hey You

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

That's not technically a music video in the traditional sense---Hey You was edited out of the film for length during production, and the workprint of the sequence was a dvd bonus, which is what we're seeing here. There are, if memory serves, several sequences with this particular rock wall in the second half of the film. Either way, definitely Floyd.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Thanks guys! This is specifically what was on the TV in the barcade I was at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9YZS0TYv_E

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
A guy knocks a doll or TV set or something and it repeats "come up and see me sometime" repeatedly. I think it might be a Betty Boop doll or 50s pin up style. Alternatively this didn't happen and I'm creating false memories.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

A guy knocks a doll or TV set or something and it repeats "come up and see me sometime" repeatedly. I think it might be a Betty Boop doll or 50s pin up style. Alternatively this didn't happen and I'm creating false memories.

I don't know if this is helpful but that would be Mae West

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
I see

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

it repeats "come up and see me sometime" repeatedly
and only remember this tom and jerry clip

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

The Mae West line used to be used in a pre-show “don’t you love the movies” montage before shows at......AMC Theatres(?)

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Coaaab posted:

I see
and only remember this tom and jerry clip

FWIW, that was immediately where my mind went.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

CzarChasm posted:

FWIW, that was immediately where my mind went.

My son gets a Tom & Jerry every night before bath and I just saw that one! It’s what I thought of too.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Mae West 'She Done Him Wrong'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dgYqkNCZ1Y

Turned it into a song I think as its getting hits for that.

I'm getting a Child's Play/Gremlins feel for the scene you are after though.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

happyhippy posted:

Mae West 'She Done Him Wrong'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dgYqkNCZ1Y

Turned it into a song I think as its getting hits for that.

I'm getting a Child's Play/Gremlins feel for the scene you are after though.

Yep, or Roger Rabbit, Small Soldiers vibe

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
It's that Tom and Jerry clip, thanks goons.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

I may have a tough one here-- looking for a movie (almost positive it's a movie and not an episode of a show) where a group of teenagers are looking for this fabled video on the internet. The younger brother is browsing the web trying to find it and his older brother and a friend are watching the videos with him. The only scene I can remember is that there is some sort of apocalyptic war in the end and the younger kid sends a message back to himself from the future.

Killing my brain trying to think of it

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
The last part sounds like John Carpenter’s Prince of Darkness, but nothing else does.

UNRULY_HOUSEGUEST
Jul 19, 2006

mea culpa

buddhanc posted:

I may have a tough one here-- looking for a movie (almost positive it's a movie and not an episode of a show) where a group of teenagers are looking for this fabled video on the internet. The younger brother is browsing the web trying to find it and his older brother and a friend are watching the videos with him. The only scene I can remember is that there is some sort of apocalyptic war in the end and the younger kid sends a message back to himself from the future.

Killing my brain trying to think of it

Sir:

I regret to inform you that you are apparently referring to the alternate framing device of one of the most critically reviled films of all time, Movie 43.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

UNRULY_HOUSEGUEST posted:

Sir:

I regret to inform you that you are apparently referring to the alternate framing device of one of the most critically reviled films of all time, Movie 43.

Hell yes. Such a relief to finally stop thinking about this thing (as soon as I find it and watch it again)

You're the best, thank you

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
I tried drunk-watching Movie 43 back in college, even booze couldn’t make that turd worthwhile.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Is that the one where Hugh Jackman has balls on his chin?

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

CzarChasm posted:

Is that the one where Hugh Jackman has balls on his chin?

I hear he has balls on his chin quite often.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

therattle posted:

I hear he has balls on his chin quite often.

What is the origin of this? It always comes across as some playground humour “ha ha wolverine’s a bender LOL” thing.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Torquemada posted:

What is the origin of this? It always comes across as some playground humour “ha ha wolverine’s a bender LOL” thing.

It’s because he likes being in musicals. That’s all.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Torquemada posted:

Mostly the chance to say that someone has testicles on their chin. Yes, puerile, as you point out.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oh good, maybe you guys can help me. I saw bits of a film in a film studies class about 20 years ago, and I'd love to know what it was (I've long ago lost all my notes from the class).

It was a B&W European film, probably Eastern European, Polish or similar, from the 60s or 70s. I remember it following a young boy around a lot. I think his mother worked at a cafe in the middle of a train station (all big and echo-y, with a tiled floor). The big thing that springs to mind is that the film ends with the boy (and maybe others) on the back of a eagle statue that takes off and flies over the city.

You'd think that last detail would be able to pinpoint it immediately on google, but to no avail.

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

So I shout "Set your life on fire!"
That's A Hungarian Fairy Tale, guaranteed.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093199/

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

MachineryNoise posted:

That's A Hungarian Fairy Tale, guaranteed.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093199/

Oh! Thank you so much! A lot more recent than I remember it being, but I guess that’s because of the black and white.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
This'll probably be an easy one, but I'm trying to remember a movie I saw in a film class: French(?), 1960s or early 70s, about an elderly white woman and a young black immigrant man (who may have been her caregiver at one point?) living together then falling in love and I think getting married.