Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HystericFactor
Aug 30, 2003
It's time for dim sum.
Clapping Larry
I saw this one movie on a Canadian movie channel when I was still in elementary school (around early to mid 90s).

The setting was some medieval kingdom where the palace of the rulers were besieged. The queen took her kid son and some sword that was magic or something, and brought them to this ugly rear end troll/dwarf guy to look after. In order for the guy to agree, the queen had to give up the goods: ie off-screen sex. The prince grows up, tries to kill the troll guy when he's given the magic sword, except it breaks because it's a fake. Then he gets the real one and runs off to claim back his kingdom or something.

I forgot what happened in the rest of the movie, but I'd like to find out what the hell this movie was, and if it was as awful as I remember it as.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HystericFactor
Aug 30, 2003
It's time for dim sum.
Clapping Larry

dutch posted:

It starts out with a little kid being raised (imprisoned?) by this horrible troll/dwarf guy. I think the dwarf is supposed to be some legendary blacksmith or something. The kid grows up working for the troll/dwarf for like, 20 minutes of the film (or at least it seems that way). The deal is he has to kill the dwarf with the real sword so he can be free and actually start the movie. He finds at least one fake sword that looks like the real one, hits the dwarf/troll with it, and it shatters, the dwarf/troll laughs at him. Eventually he finds the real one, kills the dwarf/troll with it, and is allowed to advance the plot.

I'm glad I didn't imagine this movie, because now that I think about it, I think I only watched that lovely beginning part and not the rest either. Where is that picture from? It definitely looks like the troll guy, but I can't really remember if it is him for sure. I used to think he looks sort of like Gwildor from the He-Man movie, although I know that's just my mind filling in the blanks in my memory.

HystericFactor
Aug 30, 2003
It's time for dim sum.
Clapping Larry

dutch posted:

AHAHAHAHHA! I think I might have found it. There is a movie called Quest for the mighty sword, alternately titled Ator III: The Hobgoblin, (It's actually the 4th Ator movie, apparently) that has this description in the plot summary: "When prince Ator becomes 18, he gets the sword from the mean sorcerer gnome Grindl, to free Dehamira and his people," and someone else stated that it "involves a struggle against a troll who also appeared in the D'amato helmed Troll 2," so I'm pretty sure we've found our culprit.

http://www.smitheeawards.com/film_details.cfm?Film_ID=271

Yep, that would appear to be it. Thanks a lot for the leg-work!

Edit: Holy poo poo, it even talks about magic wrist crossbows that appear for no explained reason in this movie. That's another "where the gently caress did I see that" memory solved!

HystericFactor fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Nov 26, 2006