Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Loser posted:

Ozz-Factor is a Hurricanes fan. Rory's defensive ineptitude lead directly to their game winning goal in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals. I'd imagine Rory is something of a folk-hero to Carolina fans.

I don't get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItalicSquirrel
Sep 6, 2004

Everyone also vote Havlat for my avatar's sake while you're at it, please. v:shobon:v

(Voted Rory like a dozen times.)

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Guys, I'm getting some mixed messages here

Loser
Jan 18, 2003

I voted Havlat a few times earlier, but really isn't he too fragile to be participating in any unnecessary hockey? If I were a Hawks fan I'd keep him in a foam-lined container wrapped in bubble wrap any time he's not out there scoring goals for my team.

ItalicSquirrel
Sep 6, 2004

Loser posted:

I voted Havlat a few times earlier, but really isn't he too fragile to be participating in any unnecessary hockey? If I were a Hawks fan I'd keep him in a foam-lined container wrapped in bubble wrap any time he's not out there scoring goals for my team.

Point taken. Recinding votes.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
It seems most hockey sites on the internet are into this idea.

VOTE RORY !!

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
Is this some kind of joke? Rory Fitzpatrick is terrible. Why try to vote in some lovely player instead of someone who actually deserves it?

acup
Sep 11, 2001

trilljester posted:

Is this some kind of joke? Rory Fitzpatrick is terrible. Why try to vote in some lovely player instead of someone who actually deserves it?

Comedy, man. Comedy.

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood! What was will be! What is will be no more! Now is the season of evil! LET'S GO PRED-A-TORS!

trilljester posted:

Lidstrom is going to be sad if he doesn't get voted into his 800th all-star game!!!

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Trevor Bird posted:

Lidstrom is going to be sad if he doesn't get voted into his 800th all-star game!!!

How about Ryan Suter, or Kimmo Timonen (using Nashville examples) instead of Fitzpatrick?

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.

trilljester posted:

How about Ryan Suter, or Kimmo Timonen (using Nashville examples) instead of Fitzpatrick?

it's much too late now

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

trilljester posted:

Because they're not as terrible as Rory Fitzpatrick. Isn't that the point?

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003

trilljester posted:

You're really not getting this.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Mike Works posted:

You're really not getting this.

Has any of these LOL Internet Vote for lovely Player for All-Star things ever worked?

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

We would have had lowtax as the entertainer of the year according to some entertainment tonight style TV show if it weren't so skewed in his favor.

Seriously, we had some crazy number of votes for him and they threw it all out because it was too outlandish.

Lemonus
Apr 25, 2005

Return dignity to the art of loafing.

trilljester posted:

Has any of these LOL Internet Vote for lovely Player for All-Star things ever worked?

The reality is that no matter how many votes rory gets, it is a ridiculously small chance he will actually be asked to come and play in the all star game.

Either the NHL realises the votes are spammed, Realises there is no way he should be in the all star game or this whole voting thing is a fraud anyways and they pretty much already have decided who is going to make it.

However there is a good chance that if we do get him a insane amount of votes that it does make some kind of news or press coverage, which is always funny.

The Roadwarrior
Aug 23, 2003

I spend too much time thinking about the Montreal Canadiens.

Lemonus posted:

The reality is that no matter how many votes rory gets, it is a ridiculously small chance he will actually be asked to come and play in the all star game.

Either the NHL realises the votes are spammed, Realises there is no way he should be in the all star game or this whole voting thing is a fraud anyways and they pretty much already have decided who is going to make it.

However there is a good chance that if we do get him a insane amount of votes that it does make some kind of news or press coverage, which is always funny.

I was hoping to see Rory at the all-star game with a grin from ear to ear. Now after reading this it makes me think Rory will be all :smith: like when he's being interviewed on television about being not welcome at the all-star game.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK

trilljester posted:

So ... don't do it?

To me personally it's amusing as hell... because come on, it's Rory Fitzpatrick.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Misanthrope posted:

So ... don't do it?

To me personally it's amusing as hell... because come on, it's Rory Fitzpatrick.

No, by all means, do it. Just don't be disappointed if he's not even mentioned.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

trilljester posted:

Don't try, because trying is the first step towards failure. :confused:

|||||||
Aug 19, 2004

I'm not Chemmy

trilljester posted:

Meh I'm entertained, either way this is worth it.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

trilljester posted:

The fact that there's already enough buzz about this that "Rory Fitzpatrick" and "All-Star" are getting mentioned in the same breath outside of SAS has me grinning like a fool.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

If you're going to a game, bring a Rory for All-Star sign. I bet you'd get some crazy looks.

poser
Jun 9, 2002

Are they booing the power play?

I was saying Boo-urns!

ForbiddenWonder posted:

If you're going to a game, bring a Rory for All-Star sign. I bet you'd get some crazy looks.

I am going to the Sharks - Ducks game Tuesday but I dont know if anyone would get it.

HPL
Aug 28, 2002

Worst case scenario.

dcsmrgun posted:

Guys, I'm getting some mixed messages here

If everything goes according to plan, Rory will get on the All-Star team, which will raise his trade value which means that Nonis can trade Rory for something useful like water bottles or pucks.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

ForbiddenWonder posted:

I'm going to WAS @ TB, I also doubt anyone will get it.

"Rory what? All-who?"

LOL HOCKEY :q:

Lemonus
Apr 25, 2005

Return dignity to the art of loafing.

dcsmrgun posted:

I'm going to WAS @ TB, I also doubt anyone will get it.

"Rory what? All-who?"

LOL HOCKEY :q:

Does Washington have hot cheerleaders :O!?

Tampa so far has impressed me the most with its talent.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
https://www.voteforrory.com now has a link to forums up.

The shear expanse of this project is amazing me.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I got a friend from england to vote even though he thinks hockey is played on horses or something

RORY IS GOING INTERNATIONAL

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
Have you considered buying a banner ad for the forum, with simple instructions and linking it to the ballot?

I don't really see him making the starting line-up, or even the team to be honest; but if there's even a hint that he came close (a mention during the All-Star weekend, a blurb in some paper, etc.), I'd consider that a victory.

Next year, Dan Cloutier!

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
Does anyone know when voting for the all star game ends?

I'm going to a Canucks game on December 4th, and I'll make and bring a vote for rory sign if voting is still going on.

SHUTUP CUNT
Jun 22, 2006

by Lowtax

Mike Works posted:

Does anyone know when voting for the all star game ends?

I'm going to a Canucks game on December 4th, and I'll make and bring a vote for rory sign if voting is still going on.

GREATEST IDEA EVER.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
this could be like the canadian version of FIRE MILLEN

god i hope voting is still going on in early december

lecherousjester
Jul 17, 2003

Creating the illusion of offense since 1999

Mike Works posted:

this could be like the canadian version of FIRE MILLEN

god i hope voting is still going on in early december

Voting runs until January 2nd or something.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
CHYES!

countdown 2 weeks to phase 3 of Enter the Fitzpatrick

BeyondRepair
Sep 11, 2006

News Machine

lecherousjester posted:

We're also trying to get it to a media outlet or two to gain some publicity.

This is awesome. Subscribed and I'll talk to my editor in the morning to see what we can do (I work for mckeenshockey.com)

acup
Sep 11, 2001

I'm going to make a vote for Rory sign for when I see the Canucks December 21st. I'm going to make my girlfriend hold it.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
I'm going to Boston-Montreal on the 23rd of December, and I'll have a sign with me :patriot:

coiol
Dec 16, 2004

I dress like a girl and drink like a man. Please date-rape me.
I don't know Rory too well, but I tossed in a vote for him and my main man Wade Belak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PenguinManAmato
Nov 18, 2004

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE
I mean, poo poo, if Savard isn't on the loving ballot, why the gently caress shouldn't Fitzpatrick be in the goddamn game?