Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
doubledown
Mar 8, 2002

i added to the cause a few times. i also voted for derek roy in the process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doubledown
Mar 8, 2002

rory is nowhere to be found :(

quote:

Defensemen

Scott Niedermayer ; Anaheim 75,340
Chris Pronger Anaheim 70,733
Nicklas Lidstrom ; Detroit 69,015
Dion Phaneuf ; Calgary 61,079
Sergei Zubov ; Dallas 31,154
Rob Blake ; Los Angeles 27,930
Mattias Ohlund ; Vancouver 20,035
John-Michael Liles Colorado 19,401
Robyn Regehr ; Calgary 18,847
Scott Hannan ; San Jose 17,245
Mathieu Schneider ; Detroit 15,781
Lubomir Visnovsky ; Los Angeles 13,842

doubledown
Mar 8, 2002

i was telling a friend about this and he is pretty sure that they only allow 5 votes per IP address and anything beyond it will not count.

is this true? and if so, why is mark messier a liar?

doubledown
Mar 8, 2002

can i vote for marty biron to be the color guy?

doubledown
Mar 8, 2002

Hand Knit posted:

Did you like how he talked about Rory's stellar play in game 7 of the ECF.

he stepped in admirably.

doubledown
Mar 8, 2002

lecherousjester posted:

If anyone has pics of this awesomeness (the t-shirts), I will pay you in sexual favors.

i think it's imperative that one of these shirts gets sent to you.

doubledown
Mar 8, 2002

those shirts are marvelous!!!!!!!

doubledown
Mar 8, 2002

rory is slowly catching up but still a little ways behind.

quote:

Defensemen
Scott Niedermayer ; Anaheim 329,657
Nicklas Lidstrom ; Detroit 317,373
Chris Pronger Anaheim 219,372
Dion Phaneuf ; Calgary 208,945
*Rory Fitzpatrick ; Vancouver 144,819
Sergei Zubov ; Dallas 110,562
Mattias Ohlund ; Vancouver 110,146
Scott Hannan ; San Jose 108,757
Mathieu Schneider ; Detroit 88,449
Rob Blake ; Los Angeles 83,814
Robyn Regehr ; Calgary 77,205
John-Michael Liles ; Colorado 71,360
Lubomir Visnovsky ; Los Angeles 57,928

doubledown
Mar 8, 2002

Misanthrope posted:

Looking at the caliber of defencemen he's already passed is enough to plaster a poo poo-eating grin on my face.

he generated about 115,000 votes this week which i think makes him the most voted on player for the week.

doubledown
Mar 8, 2002

i think the only change they will make is limit the number of names on the write-in section of the ballot. they are plenty of deserving players on it like thomas vanek and marc savard, you just may not see another rory fitzpatrick type player on it again.

doubledown
Mar 8, 2002

The Roadwarrior posted:

But then it's not actually a write-in.:confused:

well it really was just as easy to vote rory as it was to vote lidstrom, just point and click. i'm thinking maybe list a few players on the drop down menu in the write in section, then a section for "other" players that you literally have to write in.

edit:i know back in the days when it was a paper ballot that i got myself a bunch of all star votes! too bad i was never listed.

doubledown
Mar 8, 2002

that might be the greatest screen shot that SAS has ever produced.

doubledown
Mar 8, 2002

the NHL is lining up some major talent to celebrate Rory

quote:

NEW YORK - The 2007 NHL All-Star Celebration in Dallas will feature a diverse mix of country, pop, rock and soul music. Among the musical artists performing at festivities surrounding the 2007 NHL All-Star Celebration, Jan. 20-24, are Grammy-nominated rock and soul band Robert Randolph & The Family Band, country duos The Wreckers and Big and Rich, rock band The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, singer/songwriters Amos Lee and Mary McBride and Italian soprano Giorgia Fumanti.

who?

doubledown
Mar 8, 2002

Loser posted:

I remember the Nolan called shot for two reasons. First, it was against Hasek when Hasek was a Sabre, and the best goaltender in the League. Second, it was in the intro to NHL '98.

remember how awesome of a game hasek was having? he probably would have won MVP if nolan didn't score.

doubledown
Mar 8, 2002

so did kelly hrudey.

according to him we should have voted for steve staios instead.

doubledown
Mar 8, 2002

1991 chris nilan was named to the team but didn't play because of injury.

doubledown
Mar 8, 2002

that was a well done piece, good to see that ESPN can see the positives of this.

trevor - it was don cherry that was attacking rory.

doubledown
Mar 8, 2002

Kragger99 posted:

I saw the Don Cherry segment last Saturday, and I don't recall him taking shots at Rory, but taking shots at us voters for making him a freak/jerk/etc. by voting him into the all-star game.

he insulted the voters as well as rory cause he blamed him for this whole thing.

doubledown
Mar 8, 2002

i'd be up for a rory meet as long as it isn't in toronto :(

buffalo would be ideal though since it is central and there are already 7 or 8 of us living here.

doubledown
Mar 8, 2002

outcast_p posted:

also, voting pages going slow for anyone else?

mine seems to be okay. another 30 votes for rory!

doubledown
Mar 8, 2002

so we don't get rory, but we get cheechoo's 27 points and -10 rating instead!

doubledown
Mar 8, 2002

in the end you did good lech and you should be proud of what you were able to accomplish. if you still come up for the game later this month i'll buy you a beer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doubledown
Mar 8, 2002

PenguinManAmato posted:

Question:

I've been nominated for my league's All Star ballot; anyone can vote, and voting starts monday. Anyone mind if I make a "Vote for PMA; Raycroft would vote for him" thread when the vote comes out?

are you any good? cause if you are, you wont make the all-star team.