Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

SubCrid TC posted:

Yeah, I'm glad nobody's mentioned that it started here. I don't want random internet hockey fans to realize we're here.

Meh I doubt many of them would pay if they didn't really appreciate SA's style of humour, and if they were lovely posters (UR WRONG) - it's not like they'd last.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Zherdev is listed at FOUR THOUSAND. There's no way Rory didn't get 4k, we got screwed.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

SHUTUP oval office posted:

I bet money Miller is the number one goaltender in the Eastern Conference for the NHL All-Star game. Lehtonen and Emery will probably be in the second or third spots.

Lehtonen has fallen off since that hot start and Emery hasn't played enough games.

Its Miller and Brodeur, but after that there's no clear favorite.

Huet or Emery if they play enough games, then Fleury. Then probably DiPietro/Raycroft with Lundqvist charging hard with his play as of late.

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Nov 22, 2006

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Chemmy posted:

Hey LAS and SAS;

I made a desktop from a photo in ESPN the magazine this week. I'm not done stitching the two pages together, though it's farther along than this little preview image. It's like 7500x4500 right now, so it'll be awesome for desktops. More info when I'm done. :D

True story, I ripped that page out of the magazine and taped it to the wall of the high school hockey team's locker room that I coach.

Why? To show them how NHL players skate. Crouched, rear end down, never vertical.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
How could you not post the best part of the article HPL:

quote:

Fitzpatrick said he's getting a kick out of the campaign since he checked the site after hearing about it a few days ago from friends and family.

"I've been getting e-mails and calls from people back home. Someone said there were signs in Edmonton the other night," Fitzpatrick said. "People put a lot of time into it. You have to give credit to the people who put it all together. They did a great job. It's pretty funny.

"If I'm going to get in, I'm going to need a lot of help, that's for sure."

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Ah USA today, known for such sparkling bits of wisdom as:

quote:

• It's entirely possible that half of the playoffs teams in the Eastern Conference will come from the Northeast Division. Buffalo, Montreal, Toronto and Ottawa should all make it. In the Southeast Division, Atlanta, Carolina and Tampa Bay should make it. Warning to the New Jersey Devils, New York Islanders and New York Rangers: If you entertain thoughts of playing in the postseason, I suggest that you finish first in the Atlantic Division.

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Dec 7, 2006

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
The SI article is mind blowing:

quote:

That's why the NHL needs to take ownership of the Fitzpatrick hype. NBC is broadcasting the game. The league should be on the phone today working the cross-promotional angle. Let's get Everyman Rory on Jay Leno to tell his story. Have him exchange healthy cooking tips with Meredith Vieira on the Today Show. Let him reveal to Barbara Walters what kind of tree he'd like to be. Arrange a photo-op date to a Hollywood premiere with Jessica Simpson. (Hey, it's for the good of the game. Surely his wife can't object to that!)

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/allan_muir/12/07/rory.fitzpatrick/index.html

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

quote:

Matt (Dallas, TX): What do you think of this Vote for Rory (Fitzpatrick) campaign? Good marketing for the NHL?

SportsNation Barry Melrose: I think anytime people are talking about the NHL is a good thing. I personally hope Rory Fitzpatrick gets into the All-Star Game because if fans can see that they can determine the outcome of something like All-Star voting, they will get excited about it.

:canada:

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

quote:

Brian Gionta, who has been friends with fellow Rochester, N.Y., native Rory Fitzpatrick since they were teenagers, is hoping the Vote For Rory campaign started by an upstate New York fan will lead to a spot in the NHL All-Star Game in Dallas.

"I think it's great. I talked to Rory about it (Monday)," Gionta said. "It's exposure for the game and he's a good friend of mine. I hope it works out. He doesn't know what to think about it. It caught him off guard and has spread like wildfire. He doesn't want to take someone's spot (in the All-Star Game), but he's (intrigued) by it. I went on the Web site. If I can (vote), as a player, I will."

:911:

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

eXXon posted:

Uh what? Maybe the Masterton, if that's what you meant. The Lady Byng belongs to Pandolfo.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
You know you're a Sharks fan when your greatest hockey moment is from an All-Star game.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Howdy posted:

Next year should be Tie Domi.

Mr. Kite posted:

NHL All-Star Sean Avery. Make it happen, people.

This isn't the vote to see who the NHL should shoot into the sun.

(that and roenick is retiring and Domi is already put out to pasture)

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

stab posted:

scott clemensen in 08.

That would be very amusing, especially if Brodeur made it as backup :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

lecherousjester posted:

I got a response back from the producer of Sabres Shootout, and it further proves why I loving hate that show.

I don't understand how someone with a college degree could intentionally write something that loving stupid.