Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Misfit-
Apr 20, 2005

I come in the name of Jesus Christ by the power of the holy spirit Bitch!
I would rather have a flipper baby than the little monster described in your story.

Goondolences

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Misfit-
Apr 20, 2005

raditts posted:

Haha. Sorry your ex-wife gave birth to a little anime human being that thinks hitting girls is cool. Can't wait to read more.

I have no idea how I would react to a 13 year old defying me because he's "insert-random-anime-hero". Abortion in 200th trimester time. That type of behavior is not even cool for an 8 year old.

-Misfit-
Apr 20, 2005

Remulak posted:

Check their feet? :wtf:

Yeah I wondering about that myself.

-Misfit-
Apr 20, 2005

Traxx posted:

I love your stories. Style, content, pacing, theme... just beautiful. I wait on the edge of my seat for the thrilling conclusion.

I'm hoping he gets catches some friendly fire.

Oops.

-Misfit-
Apr 20, 2005

Cacatua posted:

All forms of mental illness are the result of some sort of neurological or physiological problem.

"The Boy" was and is possibly schizophrenic. It's very rare in children and adolescents, but it does occur in them. You absolutely cannot "cure" someone of schizophrenia by acting like an insane drill sargeant. Schizophrenia is a neurological illness; you can no more cure it with beatings or whatever than you can treat any other illness with beatings.

From the beginning, "the boy" needed to be with people who knew how to deal with severely mentally ill people. He also needed a psychiatrist (NOT just a counselor). Now he's completely dangerous and will likely harm more people. Life is the shits, I suppose.

I do know people who've made recoveries from major mental illnesses, including schizophrenia - it was never an insane drill sargeant that "fixed" them.

Thanks for dropping by and keeping up.

-Misfit-
Apr 20, 2005

Judging from his mother's reactions to everything throughout this story, I'd say that kid was broken from the birth canal. Nothing could have fixed him.

-Misfit-
Apr 20, 2005

mrWr0ng posted:

You're assuming because all he'd had on him was pot that that was all he'd been doing. I will bet you dollars to donuts he was doing meth long before HM first showed up at this house.

I don't find it hard to believe that a 13 year old that can stash away 3 ounces of weed would have any trouble getting meth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Misfit-
Apr 20, 2005

This kid being that crazy and being able to hide it for that long from both you and from the Army throughout basic is scary. I'm surprised he didn't have a Private Pyle scene in the latrine.