Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
Holy poo poo I love having rich relatives. A package from my uncle just arrived. In it was one of these:

Gibson Les Paul Classic, Bullion Gold finish. Plays amazing, sounds gorgeous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Apathy Party
Nov 7, 2005
lost to apathy
I just got one of these for my 21st birthday.

It sounds as good as it looks

Alfa Tard
Sep 30, 2002

Stoopid Noobie

Nick Freedom posted:

Good luck on finding a 4x12. I've been checking Ebay every day for about two months now (I think I've become obsessed), and it's pretty rare for even 2x12 to show up. If they do, they usually want an insane amount for shipping. Although I've been considering buying the Beta 2x12 they have for my Beta Lead. But my cash flow is telling me no.

I'm amazed I even found the T50C, it was just hanging out at a guitar shop in the slums, collecting dust. :(

http://austin.craigslist.org/msg/246129027.html

interesting, just saw that recently and read your post

juicy_J
Jun 25, 2004
I.O.U. one gmail invite

The Apathy Party posted:

I just got one of these for my 21st birthday.

It sounds as good as it looks

What is that? The top wood looks interesting.

The Apathy Party
Nov 7, 2005
lost to apathy

juicy_J posted:

What is that? The top wood looks interesting.

Its a Cole Clark FL-1. According to their website, the top is either Bunya, an Australian wood, or Spruce. The sides are Queensland Maple and look awesome. All Cole Clark guitars are made entirely from Australian timber.

FormulaXFD
Sep 11, 2001

My birthday present to myself:

Upgrade from my old EM-1. WHEE.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

It is the week of purchasing this week. I won this little baby on ebay this morning for £39 (less than the cost of most 2x2 USB midi interfaces that were for sale). If my memory serves me correctly, these were about £250 when new!

Its a pro 8 input/8 output USB midi interface with some pretty good routing options. For the electric violin live looping, I'm starting to midi sync with a lot of external effects. Giving each unit a seperate midi interface (not relying on routing via Midi Thru's) should tidy up some of the BPM glitches I've been receiving. I also have spare outputs to send midi clock code to DJ's/VJ's/etc. And the 8 midi inputs will mean that I can purchase a lot of old Midi triggering hardware to control the software.

*SMILING*

I also purchased 25 of these babies at a cost of £1.05 each:

The idea is to create my own 25 button USB/Midi pedal board by using the guts of an old Evolution MK425 keyboard... Its certainly a hell of a lot cheaper than the £800 for a Rocktron All access. If I'm successful with this project, I'll post a thread with pics.

[EDIT] The seller of the amt-8 emailed me this morning... He decided to test it before posting it, and it was dead... I'm not having much luck with ebay lately :(

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Dec 11, 2006

Stack of Scabs
Jan 20, 2006

i got 25 niggas runnin up on yall
FREEEEE!

My dad found this laying around while throwing a bunch of poo poo out and gave it to me. :3:

voodoocat
Jun 17, 2003

Sixfools posted:

This baby should be arriving tomorrow! I am so loving pumped

http://www.themandolinstore.com/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=7439

That is gorgeous! I'm getting my first mandolin for christmas but it will be nowhere near that quality.

This will arrive thursday just in time for a show on saturday. I've never had a pickup or preamp for my fiddle and am excited as hell to not have to play into a microphone.

Hamer777
Jan 23, 2006

:flashfap:

• SET-NECK CONSTRUCTION
• 24.75” SCALE
• MAHOGANY BODY
• 3-PIECE MAHOGANY NECK
• EBONY FINGERBOARD
• FLAG INLAYS W/MODEL NAME AT 12TH FRET
• EMG 81 (B) / 60 (N) ACTIVE PICKUPS
• 2 VOLUME & 1 TONE CONTROL W/3-WAY TOGGLE
• GOLD HARDWARE
• SPERZEL LOCKING TUNERS
• EARVANA COMPENSATED NUT
• TONEPROS LOCKING BRIDGE W/STOP TAILPIECE
• AGED TRIPLE WHITE BINDING ON BODY, & HEADSTOCK, WHITE BINDING ON NECK
• 24 XJ FRETS

I havent got this yet but its my next purchase. I have enough money for it but im waiting for a friend of mine to get me his discount through Sam Ash. I'm not even good enough for this drat thing I love it so much though.

VVV my website just expired so lay off :( VVV

Hamer777 fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Dec 14, 2006

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
edit: atta girl, rexy.

Pretty guitar though - I like the flat black on gold.

Edit: Does anyone not lock their prices on instruments anymore?

Duke Chin fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Dec 14, 2006

The Stizzle
Jul 20, 2002
Found my new love:

It will be mine.

juan chaos
Sep 3, 2006
Let It Die

schrag posted:

Found my new love:

It will be mine.

So jealous

this is what I'm getting pretty soon. Anybody wanna guess what it is? (The site won't help you)

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

juan chaos posted:

this is what I'm getting pretty soon. Anybody wanna guess what it is? (The site won't help you)

A pedal/footswitch of some kind?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Not long now (ships friday; should get it mon or tues)

trout!!
Mar 3, 2004

just the head and cab, i've had that epi les paul forever

that head has an intresting history though, it was used to record Thrice's album 'identity crisis' it was sold to me by a friend who bought it from dustin before Thrice got huge. kinda cool.

mofolotopo
May 10, 2004

TICK STAMPEDE!!!!

BklynBruzer posted:

A pedal/footswitch of some kind?

No, that would be too easy. I'm going to guess that it's some sort of harmonica.

My music page on Myspace.
The International House of Dancakes Podcast
Freshest Dancakes around. You know you want some.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

mofolotopo posted:

No, that would be too easy. I'm going to guess that it's some sort of harmonica.
Voted 70-piece orchestra-in-a-box.

Wait, no, changing my mind to "Kenny G-in-a-box".

ReverendHammer
Feb 12, 2003

BARTHOLOMEW THEODOSUS IS NOT AMUSED

Because trying to play anytyhing other than basic rythmns on an Akai MPD16 is a real bitch. :gonk:

FlossMan
Oct 19, 2005

No, I can't. Too much hair.

juan chaos posted:

A juicer? I know I sometimes wish I had delicious, fresh orange juice when playing onstage...

Walter
Jul 3, 2003

We think they're great. In a grand, mystical, neopolitical sense, these guys have a real message in their music. They don't, however, have neat names like me and Bono.

fwoompf posted:

Not long now (ships friday; should get it mon or tues)

Nice!

I don't remember - did you mention who you had building this for you?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Walter posted:

Nice!

I don't remember - did you mention who you had building this for you?

It'd being made by Keith Newell

I'm going to take really good pictures when it gets here and I'll make a thread.

juan chaos
Sep 3, 2006
Let It Die

FlossMan posted:

A juicer? I know I sometimes wish I had delicious, fresh orange juice when playing onstage...

It's a clone of a pedal that's not discontinued and had a really limited run in the first place.

Sixfools
Aug 27, 2005

You be the Moon,
I'll be the Earth
And when we burst
Start over, oh, darling

fwoompf posted:

It'd being made by Keith Newell

I'm going to take really good pictures when it gets here and I'll make a thread.

You should also make a thread up at Mandolincafe. It looks great! My Eastman arrived the other day (Dennis at the mandolin store is amazing with customer service, he did a complete setup and everything for me free of charge) and I am essentially in love. I think my MAS has been placated for now.

edit: Looking at Newell's site. I really like that Halfmoon headstock he has.

Sixfools fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Dec 14, 2006

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Sixfools posted:

You should also make a thread up at Mandolincafe. It looks great! My Eastman arrived the other day (Dennis at the mandolin store is amazing with customer service, he did a complete setup and everything for me free of charge) and I am essentially in love. I think my MAS has been placated for now.

I intend to. Do you post there? My nick there is the same as it is here. Cool forum although it's so weird when the average age seems to be 45 and over. Definitely a different demographic than I'm used to.

When I started thinking about upgrading I thought about Eastman for a little while but my teacher convinced me to look at some indie builders as well and that led to working with Keith.

The halfmoon is indeed pretty awesome but I dig the simplicity of the point and it was less expensive.

Sixfools
Aug 27, 2005

You be the Moon,
I'll be the Earth
And when we burst
Start over, oh, darling
That's probably the reason I lurk there more then I post (under Rayburn). I've found it be a great resource for information about various topics even if things get really heated there because of everyone is very passionate of their views there. I find they tend to crack down on pretty tame things as well which makes me afraid to post sometimes.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Sixfools posted:

That's probably the reason I lurk there more then I post (under Rayburn). I've found it be a great resource for information about various topics even if things get really heated there because of everyone is very passionate of their views there. I find they tend to crack down on pretty tame things as well which makes me afraid to post sometimes.

The builders forum is especially good to search through when looking for a builder. Keith posts there under the name mandolinkgn and I read through a fair bit of his posts to get an idea of what sort of builder he was before I even contacted him. I really think it's the best kind of "marketing" you can do for that kind of thing...it was also very educational. Building instruments is such a cool process.

mikrokosmos
May 11, 2004

juan chaos posted:

It's a clone of a pedal that's not discontinued and had a really limited run in the first place.
is it a clone... of a Klon??!! :wth:

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

wassail yall posted:

Well, technically I bought it (with my ebay account and paypal) but it's my roommate's money...

upgraded with a Celestion speaker and a volume box so he can play it with the tubes heated at a lower volume while practicing at home.

Oh man. Awesome choice. I was in a band in college with a guy who owned this (or maybe a previous iteration of it) and the thing was ridiculously versatile.

By the way, how is that George Porter PBass project of yours coming along?

mofolotopo
May 10, 2004

TICK STAMPEDE!!!!

Duke Chin posted:

Voted 70-piece orchestra-in-a-box.

Wait, no, changing my mind to "Kenny G-in-a-box".

Kenny G has never been in a box and you know it :wookie::gizz:

Sixfools
Aug 27, 2005

You be the Moon,
I'll be the Earth
And when we burst
Start over, oh, darling

fwoompf posted:

The builders forum is especially good to search through when looking for a builder. Keith posts there under the name mandolinkgn and I read through a fair bit of his posts to get an idea of what sort of builder he was before I even contacted him. I really think it's the best kind of "marketing" you can do for that kind of thing...it was also very educational. Building instruments is such a cool process.

I love looking at the building forum because I enjoy looking at some of the creativity that is shown off there. I love it when builders try and get away from the OMG IT HAS TO LOOK LIKE A LOAR and try something new with scroll types etc. I have to limit myself to reading that place though because I keep getting the urge to try and learn make my own (I do have enough time on my hands). Eventually I wanna get my hands on a 3 point F4 or something close to it.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

TyChan posted:

Oh man. Awesome choice. I was in a band in college with a guy who owned this (or maybe a previous iteration of it) and the thing was ridiculously versatile.

By the way, how is that George Porter PBass project of yours coming along?

I got the pickguard to fit (more or less) but yea, I had to drill new holes for it and shave a little bit off around the neck pocket. I plan to be ordering a neck for it over the holidays. I thought about maybe turning it fretless for a little Rick Danko action :)

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.
I believe my quest for a 5 string jazz with tight spacing has come to an end:

http://www.rondomusic.net/product744.html

SX's rule. :cool:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Got my Mini Q-Tron today. It's pretty cool, still figuring out how to get the sounds I want. It gives a weird volume boost when you cut it on, which is a little annoying. But I'm digging it so far.

Craiglen
Sep 2, 2006
Behold... The Ibanez S470 Deluxe Quilted Maple!

Wizard II neck
3pc. Maple Neck Material
Mahogany w/Quilted Maple top Body
22/Jumbo frets
Bound Rosewood Finger Board
ZR bridge
IBZ INF1 (H) Neck PU
IBZ INFS1 (S) Mid PU
IBZ INF2 (H) Bridge PU
S470DX Special Inlay

It's a rock/metal guitar with a double locking trem I'm after. I already have a Les Paul. :q:

I'm also getting a Dimebucker for the bridge. Too lazy to find a picture for that too. :effort:

Kekkoslovakia
Dec 21, 2004

by mons all madden
TR-626 Rhythm Corroder

A bent TR-626 Rhythm Composer a friend built for me for a small fee. The box with upward pointing screws on the right side of the machine is a patch bay where connections are made by bridging two or more screws with alligator clips. The results wreck the machine's sound in many beautiful ways, and since multiple bends can be tied together, the combinations are almost unlimited.

Scottw330
Jan 24, 2005

Please, Hammer,
Don't Hurt Em :(
I just got a Custom Rosewood Martin D-15. It doesn't look all that fancy but it sounds amazing.

Excavation
May 18, 2004

FEED ME CRAYONS

Angel 37 Key Melodica

It's actually my christmas present, but it's so lovely that I got it early.

And here's what it can do:

ReverendHammer
Feb 12, 2003

BARTHOLOMEW THEODOSUS IS NOT AMUSED

HumanSpeedBump posted:

TR-626 Rhythm Corroder
A bent TR-626 Rhythm Composer a friend built for me for a small fee. The box with upward pointing screws on the right side of the machine is a patch bay where connections are made by bridging two or more screws with alligator clips. The results wreck the machine's sound in many beautiful ways, and since multiple bends can be tied together, the combinations are almost unlimited.

Is there any way we can get some sound clips of that? I would love to hear what crazy things can come out of that thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trouser Mouse Bear
Mar 20, 2004
Bancount - 1

Luna posted:

I've been hinting for this for christmas. The Alhambra 7P:

You'll enjoy it! I recently bought a 7Fc off my Flamenco Teacher. He just bought a $5,000 Jamie Julio Luthier Model! That thing loving barks and has amazing intonation all the way up the fretboard, it's truly something beautiful.

Having said that, this is my next purchase.

Too cheap to buy a hand built :(