Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shovelbearer
Oct 11, 2003
Paragon of Lexicon

Virus + Woolly Mammoth = gross, beautiful friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shovelbearer
Oct 11, 2003
Paragon of Lexicon

betterinsodapop posted:

Goddamn, do I ever lust after the mighty Woolly Mammoth. Try as I might, I cannot seem to justify $300+ on a pedal. Congrats on the fine purchase (and also on being apparently wealthy!) :cheers:

Eh, not wealthy, but I completed a huge push at work which resulted in me getting tons and tons of overtime pay, plus everyone in the department getting bonuses. Also, I had plenty of space on my musician's friend credit card, so I splurged after hearing that Tobacco from Black Moth Super Rainbow named it as indispensable to his work (I do so love his bass tones) and watching some youtubes. No regrets.

Shovelbearer
Oct 11, 2003
Paragon of Lexicon
My most recent purchase is a two-tiered keyboard stand. It's not the most exciting thing to spend money on but it's really tidied up my working conditions.. I've turned the upper tier into a makeshift shelf, going to try to rig something up with velcro so I can have whatever extra piece of gear I'm working with up there securely). Slightly before that, I had also acquired a pair of KRK Rokit 6 monitors, one of which is in the shot.

Shovelbearer
Oct 11, 2003
Paragon of Lexicon

As soon as my Paypal payment stops being "pending" for whatever reason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WXMEzgCv6g&feature=player_embedded

Shovelbearer
Oct 11, 2003
Paragon of Lexicon

Hard to say no for $220 on ebay.

Shovelbearer
Oct 11, 2003
Paragon of Lexicon
Not a purchase, so much as a "parents' neighbor moved and didn't have a place for it so it's mine now"... A Tascam 388 8-track reel-to-reel recorder that so far seems to be in perfect working order! (I haven't gotten a tape yet to see how the recording goes but the audio works).

Shovelbearer
Oct 11, 2003
Paragon of Lexicon
"On Vehicle for Delivery Today"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shovelbearer
Oct 11, 2003
Paragon of Lexicon

Warcabbit posted:

What's that good for?

It's kind of like an MPD with touch strips and where each drum pad is kind of like a tiny velocity-sensitive kaoss pad with multitouch, divided into quadrants so they're really like 64 pads. And different modes that let it switch from being a drum pad to a sequencer, etc. And LED feedback. So, in other words, really expressive usb midi controllerism, in a light package the size of an iPad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFaBaJIXFFI Pretty good little demo. I feel pretty good about this purchase for $174 ($199 minus Musician's Friend $25 off code from this past week)

Shovelbearer fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Sep 25, 2012