Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

My new toy, it's even more awesome than I expected. :)
Maybe I'll get the Mini KAOSSpad to accompany it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

This thing is so much fun!

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

BittyWings posted:

:neckbeard: Korg KP3 FX Sampler. The only accessories needed are beer and a mic.

I just got one of those today and using it together with a Kaossilator Pro is awesome! :2bong:

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

BittyWings posted:

It's great, isn't it!

The manual is sparse as gently caress, and I seriously wouldn't bother with an SD card for loading samples cos it takes forever- you are better off recording them off an mp3 player/whatever- just remember to tag your samples with bpm values.

Here's a tip to make syncing stuff easier if you do beatboxing (I don't do much, but it's something I do occasionally so my timing is awful)-

Choose your tempo, set the loop recorder length to 1 and go 'chk'- you've then basically got a metronome going to jam along to.

I use the Kaossilators built in MIDI Clock to beatsync it with the KP3. The awesome thing is, if you set it up correctly, you can control both devices from one touchpad. i.e. I make a beat with the Kaossilator, switch to external control mode and use the Kaossilators Touchpad to control the KPs effects. The possibilities, especially for live improvisation, are endless. I love it! :)

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
My "bring this to any home-party" ultra-mobile, ultra-compact gimmick setup is completed!

It consists of:

iPod touch 4g

KORG Kaossilator

KORG miniKaosspad

Click here for the full 800x701 image.

Belkin Rockstar

Roland Mobile Cube

Click here for the full 600x466 image.

The iPod and Kaossilator are run into the Rockstar, which is run into the Kaosspad, which then connects to the Mobile Cube. the iPod is usually running TouchDJ2 or Rebirth. If I feel like carrying it around, my netbook is connected aswell, running VirtualDJ or Reason. It's a pretty fun setup and not too expensive. Looking forward to the festival / free party season in the summer :)

Das Butterbrot fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Dec 18, 2010

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

rt4 posted:

What? No Korg DS-10??

I would get this if I had a DS : /

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

betterinsodapop posted:

Oh poo poo, I've never seen that before. Thanks for the heads up. Looks pretty cool.

If you're thinking about buying it, I'd suggest waiting a little. There's a new DS module emulating the KORG M1, which looks really nice, but currently it's only available in Japan.

edit:

Here's a video of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll4aGXzj7Vw

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

rt4 posted:

DS-10 was Japan-only for quite a while as well, but the text was always in English and DS is region-free.

DSi is region-locked. Not sure about the game, I just read about it recently.

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
I just got the next piece for my "party-in-a-suitcase" gimmick setup :)

The KORG monotribe, a cheap ghetto 303 + analogue drumcomputer / sequencer combination that I immediately fell in love with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuqJfAWkN2c

Next weekend I'll modify a small metal suitcase I bought specifically for my setup to accomodate the Monotribe, Kaossilator and Mini Kaosspad aswell as a Behringer Xenyx 1002B mixer. There should also be enough space left to put my Netbook running Reason and maybe a small Midi Controller. All this will be run into a Roland Mobile Cube.

The whole setup can run on batteries and should work like that for 4-5 hours if needed. Looking forward to spicing up some homeparties with my setup, yay! :D

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Just got a Shure SM58. Now I can finally sample my farts to make SICK WOBBLES BRO!

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
Not really "gear" in the classical sense, but since it's like 90% of what I use for making actual tracks and not just futzing about I figured I'd post it here.

REASON 6 FINALLY ARRIVED, HOLY poo poo YES YES YES! :D

Now that Record is integrated into Reason, I don't think I'll have to use anything else for my music in the near future. Also, if anyone wants to try it, you can download it from propellerheads.se - the demo is fully featured, you just can't save/export your projects.

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Nigel Tufnel posted:

Does it still have the retarded 1024px fixed width?

Nope, you can have multiple racks side by side, this has been the case since Reason 5 anyway if I'm not mistaken. Reason 6 now has all the functions of Record aswell. The SSL mixing desk emulation is p. nice and while the timestretching is not as flexible as ableton's it'll probably suffice for what I'm doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

Not the best equipment in the world but so far I'm having a blast with it :D

sorry for terrible iTouch Photo.

Haha, I started out with exactly the same (plus a nanoKontrol). I still use the Q25, it's pretty good for the price. The LPD8 has fallen out of use though. The knobs are ok, but I hated the feel of the pads.

My next toy (and a little christmas present to myself :)) will be this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNXOI1AIjKo

I love KORGs quirky little synths, this should play well with my Monotribe and KP3.

Das Butterbrot fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Dec 21, 2011