Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

JohnThermos posted:

From Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane, this whole sequence had me in stitches:

Anyone not reading this needs to start right now.

Well gently caress, it finally happened, I'm totally gay for this series :sweatdrop: :gay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

Schwarzwald posted:

What if you go back in time and have sex with your mom, and she goes on to give birth to yourself?

Impossible. You would have to be a woman, since you would ONLY have the DNA from your mother.

Edit: Also, I think I might have figured out why old Chucky Xavier needs to go looking for dates at the kiddie pool.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

McGravin posted:

Come to think of it, yeah, that does totally look like Dan Halen. Weird.

It all makes sense now. The REAL impulse was replaced back when he became all mopey. Impulse having to watch his comic persona turn into a weepy drama rear end in a top hat turned him into the bitter shell known as Dan Halen.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

CapnAndy posted:

Wait a minute, so Ben's retarded, Sue's slutty, and Reed ignores all of them for his science, which he fucks up constantly, only to blame on other people?

gently caress, I thought Ice Station Impossible was a parody, not a lost script.

The best thing about that panel is definitely Sue's visible panty-line. Because you know that Reed planned it that way when he was designing the suits.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

the_steve posted:

I think there though, It's not that Bats couldn't do the cross-referencing and Google searches himself, we all know that's well within his ability, but, he's distributing the workload to save time.
While he has Oracle doing the mundane web searches, he's free to check out some guys apartment for blood samples and incriminating photos.

Im also of the opinion that alot of Bruce's intelligence comes from his versatility. He's studied countless fighting styles, investigation techniques, interrogation, etc etc. He may not be as geniusy as Luthor, but he's more well versed in wider range of areas.

Aha! I will become... Leonardo Da Vinci!

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

hermanos posted:

Dr Doom... and the Kingpin... alone with one blow-up doll. :psyduck:

That's actually not supposed to be a blow-up doll, it's just the first comic that Greg Land ever did.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

On a completely different note, Cuthbert Coot? Was there a Disney adaptation of The Dark Tower I was completely unaware of?

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

Kiss Stealer posted:

Of course, in discussing these, you have to be sure not to confuse people who think you're talking about the Martian Manhunter.

I accidentally got Manhunter once because I thought it was about the Martian Manhunter. It was like buying "Backdoor Bitches 8" and finding out someone had switched the disc inside with a copy of "Slick Willy Goes to Dongtown". I was highly displeased.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

McGravin posted:

I like how the eye holes in his costume are just a tiny bit too wide, making him look like some sort of Down's Captain America.

Costumes that look cool in comics almost never do in real life. This is especially true of captain america. Seriously, next time you're reading batman, imagine Adam West batman running around and doing whatever comic-book batman is doing. It kind of makes you hurt inside.