Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Helmacron
Jun 3, 2005

looking down at the world
I honestly feel a little bitter. I feel like you're all lying to someone and I got caught in the middle.

So deceived, I went and saw this abysmal movie. It's obvious we're talking about the same movie, plot elements being the same, but there was very little that was good in this movie.

It had beautiful scenery. Beautiful direction. Beautiful character design.

But overshadowing everything beautiful every step of the way was the acting and it was terrible. The characters themselves were pixellized 2D sprites. I felt every second of this movie. There was nothing in me for any of the characters. The child was an idiot. The end was to be emotional, but her constant blundering foolishness made her an empty character. That scene on the second mission where she thought to disobey the rules was plain stupid. I mean, for hecks sake, there was no trickery, no conning, no reason for her to do any of that. She had no personality.

The captain was this unexplained monster. The mother weak. Nothing was fleshed out. Nothing was explained.

It's just a plain and unconvincing movie with excellent art design.

Avoid it. Go watch Babel. And if you want to risk your money on a movie, go watch The Fountain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU