Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA
I agree with The_Cack, both in his assessment of the two stories and in his overall score. The movie was very good, and did a great job of intermingling the two worlds and stories. But I just thought the "fantasy" aspect of the movie fell short, and was greatly overshadowed by the "real" aspect. Had the movie been a half hour longer with an additional fantasy journey for Ofelia, I think it would have been much stronger. As it was, I came out pleased, but by no means blown away.

Pros: technically brilliant (especially the audio), great visuals, nice integration of the fantasy with reality

Cons: too short, not enough of the fantasy world, yet ANOTHER Franco escapism piece from a Spanish director

4.0/5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU